Company: Brockton Area Multi-Services Inc.
Posted on: September 14, 2023
Under the direction of the Controller, the Staff Accountant
performs daily accounting activities that assist in the monthly,
quarterly and year end closing cycle. We at BAMSI believe that
those we serve are capable of amazing things and deserve our best.
We support them in their journeys and celebrate their
accomplishments along the way. We strive to offer valuable benefits
that promote a healthy work/life balance and add value to our
employees lives. Our comprehensive benefits include:
- Generous Time Off Package
- up to 4 weeks combined vacation, personal and cultural
- 11 paid holidays
- up to 2 weeks Sick Time
- Highly Specialized Paid Trainings including opportunity to earn
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Life, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 403B plan with discretionary match
- Wellness Activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career Development Opportunities *Available benefits are based
on position and scheduled hours. Responsibilities:
- Assist with the daily accounting activities required to
maintain the general ledger.
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual closing activities as
assigned by Controller or Accounting Supervisor.
- Record assigned accounting transactions in general ledger.
Examples of such transactions include but not limited to
receivables, payables, cash receipts, cash disbursements.
- Ensure that all assigned general ledger accounts are reconciled
to subsidiary records on a monthly basis by preparing necessary
monthly closing general ledger entries.
- Prepare and review accounts reconciliations as assigned to
ensure that they are prepared properly and follow-up and correct
any reconciling items.
- Scan all unearned income verifications (SSA benefit
letters/updates, VA benefits, ect.) for persons served.
- Update person served unearned income amounts on COC master
tracking sheet as directed by Client Benefits and Revenue
- Assist Client Benefits and Revenue Coordinator with tasks
related to SNAP benefits, mailings to Representative Payees,
preparation of Charges of Care invoices and other tasks as
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CFO, Controller, and
Accounting Supervisor. Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in accounting, business administration or
- Recent college graduates are encouraged to apply, as well as
candidates with 1-3 years of experience.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills required.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organization skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to working with a
- Commitment to the mission of BAMSI.
- Professional attitude and demeanor. EEO:
We at BAMSI appreciate your interest and consideration of roles in
BAMSI is an equal opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to their
race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identify, age, marital status, family
responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran
or military status and regardless of whether the qualified
applicants are individuals with disabilities.
EEO is the Law
Reasonable Accommodations for Applying/Recruitment
Reasonable accommodations are adjustments made to remove workplace
obstacles for qualified individuals with disabilities to apply for
and perform their jobs.
Applicants who qualify under the Americans with Disabilities Act,
as amended, may be eligible for a reasonable accommodation in
BAMSIs application and selection process. A request for an
accommodation will not affect opportunities for employment within
Arrangements can be made if you have a disability that requires an
accommodation for completing an application form, interviewing or
any part of the employment process. Requesting accommodations, in
writing or verbally, can be initiated by a BAMSI employee,
qualified applicant, or by someone acting on that persons behalf.
Either call 508-484-7171 or, send letter to Talent Acquisition, 15
Christy's Dr Brockton, MA 02301. Note: please do not use these
contacts to follow-up on job inquiries.
Keywords: Brockton Area Multi-Services Inc., Brockton , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Brockton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!