Social Media Specialist
Company: JM Pet Resort
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Job Title: Social Media SpecialistDepartment: MarketingReports
To: Marketing ManagerJob Summary:We are looking for a fun,
energetic, team-oriented Social Media Specialist who can enhance
our brand and build strong online communities through various
social media platforms. The Social Media Specialist will be
responsible for developing and administering social media content
designed to engage, delight, and educate users in an interactive
relationship between our clients and the company. The successful
candidate will also be required to monitor social media analytics,
schedule posts in advance, develop and run contests, stay
up-to-date on social media trends, and make recommendations for
improvement. Social Media Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager and the marketing team
to develop social media campaigns that help to achieve
yearly/monthly marketing goals.
- Support company social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram,
LinkedIn, TikTok, and others as needed) by providing creative
content, and staying abreast of viral trends, resort happenings,
promotions, and retail pushes.
- Create and maintain a monthly social content calendar,
strategizing with the marketing team to support monthly marketing
initiatives and goals.
- Monitor and respond to all client communications (comments,
direct messages) through social media and other digital sites.
- Monitor and report on social media analytics and
- Write copy for social media (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn,
TikTok) ensuring it follows all brand guidelines.
- Ensure all approved copy/graphics are scheduled into the
appropriate program (Hootsuite), in accordance with the content
- Produce fun photography and video for all social channels,
representing our brands personality and showcasing all of our
- Attend company events as needed (may include weekends) to take
photos and videos for our social channels, engaging with our
audience and representing our company values.
- Suggest, implement, and manage email/social contests to drive
traffic/interest and promote user-generated content.
- Maintain consistent digital engagement across all social media
platforms - responding to questions, comments, and client reviews
(using language that embodies the companys values and
- Understand the importance of conversational marketing and how
it is critical to nurturing client relationships. Engage.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Manager and President on how to
respond to reviews including Google, Yelp, and Facebook poignantly
addressing positive and negative feedback.
- Maintain the social media JM face and voice of the company in a
way our clients love.
- Promote all pages using engaging photos, stories, videos, and
- Work with Graphic Designer to maintain our in-house TVs (Resort
and Clinic) with fresh content monthly.
- Research and suggest pet-related articles and content to share
that aligns with company culture, policy, and procedures.
- Keep apprised of competitors websites and social media activity
and report in Marketing Meetings (including vet clinics, retail,
boarding, and grooming in the area; follow on social and email
- Look for opportunities to leverage other industry content to
generate free, organic leads while simultaneously building our
brands value and authority.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Manager to ensure there is an
appropriate mix of content (delighter, promotional, educational,
etc.) across all channels.
- Review all content with the Marketing Manager for the month for
accuracy and appropriate mix/promotions etc.
- Strategize on digital advertising conversations. Make
recommendations for best practices.
- Keep pet photos fresh and relevant highlighting engagement in
all company services including PLAYtrain, Grooming and Training,
- Take the initiative to bring our social media content/graphics
into new directions.
- Work with the marketing team to create engaging email and text
- Associate or Bachelors degree with relevant coursework in
social media, communications, or marketing.
- Google Analytics Certified preferred but not required.
- Displays knowledge and understanding of social media platform
analytics (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, TikTok, etc.)
and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios
- Maintains excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to coordinate
multiple projects at once.
- Must be able to work independently, multi-task, and prioritize
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to problem solve in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer savvy, uses multiple software platforms daily to
accomplish business objectives.
- Team-oriented, reliable and dependable; maintain excellent
attendance and punctuality.
- Strong work ethic; sets high standards for self and
- Passionate about animal welfare; treats all animals with
compassion and kindness.
- Comfortable interacting with all dog breeds, large and small,
as well as cats.DisclaimerThe above information has been designed
to indicate the general nature of work performed by employees
within this classification.It is not designed to contain or to be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job.Management reserves the right to revise the job
description or require that other tasks be performed or deleted in
accordance with business needs.
Keywords: JM Pet Resort, Brockton , Social Media Specialist, Advertising , Brockton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!