Auto Glass Installation Technician Trainee
Posted on: January 15, 2022
You've probably never thought about working with auto glass for
a living - you're not alone! Our everyday heroes come from all
sorts of backgrounds, many of which have little (or no) mechanical
experience. If you're naturally curious and have a customer service
mindset, we'll teach you the rest.
The Technician Trainee role is Safelite's entry level preview into
the world of vehicle glass repair and replacement. This
career-launching opportunity provides a paid, formal training
program that teaches everything needed to complete basic repairs
and replacements to anyone looking for a hands-on career.
What You'll Get
- Competitive weekly base pay starting at $XX/hour, increasing to
$XX/hour after training and certification
- Potential to earn up to $XX/hour as a Senior Tech and up to
$XX/hour as a Master Tech
- A benefits package valued at more than $10k*. This includes a
401(k) plan with company matching, medical coverage plans
customized to suit your needs and a commitment to work/life balance
through our paid time off (PTO) programs, company holidays and paid
- Up to $5,250 annually in tuition reimbursement
- Paid training and all the tools and resources you'll need to be
- View all our health, wealth and life offerings at
What You'll Do
- Learn to replace & repair vehicle glass (in the classroom and
hands on) with a focus on the Safelite's installation standards
under the guidance of experienced technicians and Safelite
- Learn to recalibrate vehicle safety systems utilizing Safelite
tools, materials and processes.
- Learn and demonstrate proficiency on Safelite's tools and
- Offer additional products and services to customers.
- Consistently deliver service so great, it's memorable.
- Safely and professionally operate a company vehicle to and from
customer sites throughout the workday.
What You'll Need
- Age: Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Valid state-issued driver's license required.
- The ability to operate a Safelite van, following all safety,
cleanliness policies, traffic laws, and maintain a safe driving
- Flexibility with hours and days trained/worked, as workloads
- Comfort working outside in a variety of weather
- Present a professional appearance and wear personal protective
- Physical requirements: lifting and carrying up to 75 lbs. for
short periods, working at elevated heights, safely using windshield
adhesives, and remaining on your feet for extended periods.
- High School Diploma/GED/Equivalent preferred; ability to read,
write and interpret technical directions required.
Your Rights: To review and consider your application, Safelite
Group collects personal information. To understand what is
collected and why, review the Applicant Privacy Notice presented
during your online application. We value our diverse workforce and
we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We don't
discriminate based on any characteristic protected by local, state
or federal law. Upon request and consistent with applicable laws,
we'll provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities need assistance in the application/hiring process.
Notification to Agencies: Safelite Group does not accept and will
not pay commissions for unsolicited resumes or outreach from
third-party recruiters or agencies. Absent a signed MSA and
approval from Talent Acquisition to submit resumes for a specific
requisition, we will not approve payment to any third party for
- Estimate only, actual value will depend on benefit elections
during enrollment period.
Keywords: Safelite, Brockton , Auto Glass Installation Technician Trainee, Engineering , Brockton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!