Lead Diesel Mechanic - $5,000 Sign-On Bonus
Company: Waste Management
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minority/Female/Disability/VeteranPay Range: $32 - $40+ per hour
Based on ExperienceSign-On Bonus: $5,000 Shift: Monday - Friday,
Time TBD$2,500 Annual Tool Allowance / Annual Boot AllowanceWhat is
the value of a WM job? The value of a WM job is more than a
paycheck. Its a way to create opportunities for you and your
family.We Are Stable:Our WM team is home every day, and our team
membersperform essential and meaningful work.We Are Committed to
Growth:100% tuition paid for benefits eligible employees andtheir
family, and established career progression.We Are Investing in
You:Amazing Medical, Dental & Vision, 401K with match, discounted
stock options, and more!Who are we? #WeAreWMReady to roll with us?
Click Apply to join the Waste Management team today.Join our Waste
Management team, the industry leader since 1971. With over 41,000
proud employees, Waste Management has the largest trucking fleet in
the waste industry - over 18,000 trucks, and leads in CNG
advancement with the largest fleet of class 8 Natural Gas Vehicles
in North America. We offer opportunities in 48 states, the District
of Columbia, and Canada.
Tired of just doing preventative maintenance or working only on
engines? Are you ready to take the next step and work on equipment
that requires a high level of skill - hydraulics, electrical,
diagnostics - using modern maintenance practices and technologies?
Are you looking for that right opportunity which will allow you to
use and be rewarded for your skills and ability, and provide
opportunity for growth? Our Mechanics are trained to provide
superior maintenance on both diesel equipment and, at some
locations, on our growing fleet of CNG trucks. We care about our
mechanics safety and show it by demanding solid safety practices of
all our mechanics and managers. Pride, safety, training, growth,
opportunity, great benefits, rewards check us out, we may be the
company for you.
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading
provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North
America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating
excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves
nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial
and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of
collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling
facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Performs preventive maintenance inspection (PMI); troubleshoots,
repairs, and rebuilds major components on vehicles and equipment.
Ensures accurate diagnosis and effective repair and/or replacement
of components. As Lead on the Floor or Shift, provide guidance and
training along with assisting other Mechanics as directed by the
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with
Corporate/OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with
established safety procedures. Immediately reports any
discrepancies to the Fleet Manager.
- Ensures compliance with all fleet processes (e.g. parts
ordering, scheduling, fleet prides, warranty capture)
- Provides feedback to Fleet Manager on performance and daily
progress of activities
- Ensures timely and efficient functions within the shop.
- Performs periodic QCI inspections and ensures the timely and
effective repair of any problems identified during an
- Provides assistance, guidance and direction to other
- Reviews and completes work orders on a daily basis.
- Provides guidance on daily work for Mechanics.
- Will occasionally direct work assignments to Mechanics
- PM scheduling, review, schedule, sign PMs, sign off others
- Reviews completed PMs and applicable paperwork for other
- Makes recommendations regarding scheduling and assigned tasks
in accordance with business needs
- May be required to Lead safety meetings
- Assists with monitoring required WMU training for other
Mechanics to ensure compliance
- Provide estimates on time and material costs for repairs and
- Orders and receives parts and supplies as needed.
- Performs proficient inspection, diagnosis and moderately
complex repair of assigned vehicles and equipment
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret
failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Advises Fleet manager immediately if additional work is needed
or if repairs cannot be completed within the Standard Repair Times
- Inspects the quality of outside/supplier repairs and or
rebuilds. Assesses structural damage and assigns needed repairs
utilizing the most appropriate method(s).
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles. Performs maintenance
related work as required.
- Prioritize repairs / deficiencies, makes immediate decisions
regarding out of service status, and determines repair
- In the absence of supervision, will provide maintenance
- Ability to ensure and enforce all shop related safety protocol,
(administer) Follow and reinforce with others all safety processes
and protocols III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Not Required
- Experience: Four years relevant work experience. B.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid drivers license and must have a clean driving
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with
or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and physical.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Skill in operating tools equipment, parts and procedures
utilized during the repair and servicing of vehicles and
- Skill in repair of special purpose equipment, ability to
effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks
- Ability to diagnose defects in and repair a variety of
equipment and vehicles
- Ability to utilize fleet maintenance software program
- Knowledge of Total Tire Maintenance Program may be
- A desire to have a career path leading to a management position
would be ideal. Effectively communicate with mechanics and
- Must possess sound decision making abilities and be capable of
prioritizing work load. V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and
work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: repair/maintenance shop.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive
total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive
Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that
benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for,
please click "Apply.Contact Talent Advisor Ryan Mulligan at or
864-608-9143 after applying with any questions or status.
Keywords: Waste Management, Brockton , Lead Diesel Mechanic - $5,000 Sign-On Bonus, Engineering , Norton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!