Director of Healthcare Services
Company: Corus Entertainment
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Our May Center Schools for Autism and Developmental
Disabilities, and our May Center School for Brain Injury and
Neurobehavioral Disorders offer full-day, year-round educational
services to children and adolescents.
-- Our schools focus on building communication, social, behavioral,
vocational, and academic skills. We base our programs on applied
behavior analysis, or ABA, which has been shown through hundreds of
scientific studies to be the most effective method to teach
children and adolescents with autism and other developmental
-- The May Center School for Brain Injury and Neurobehavioral
Disorders successfully educates students withcomplex needs and
co-occurring diagnoses. These young people often require a
combination of physical, medical, cognitive and social/behavioral
therapies in an environment that supports skill development and
-- Our caring professionals help each child to reach his or her
highest potential. May Center School for Autism and Developmental
Disabilities in Randolph is currently looking for a--Director
of--Healthcare Services-- to supervise the provision of nursing and
medical services for our school and residential programs. This
position is a leadership position that is responsible for the
development and implementation of healthcare policies and
procedures. This position is an integral part of the program's
leadership team and participates in ongoing initiatives to improve
quality of care.-- The ideal candidate for this position has
previous experience in a nursing leadership position, a strong
ability to work with a team, confidence and experience to make
independent clinical judgements and an in-depth knowledge of the
Human Services field. This is a 40 hour per week position. The
hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to
4:00 p.m. Responsibilities
- Supervise overall healthcare coordination and case management
of individuals served in school and residential programs.
- Ensure the establishment and implementation of healthcare
procedures and nutritional standards
- Ensure appropriate assessment, planning, intervention, and
medical management is in place for current students.
- Support Nurses with intensive and complex cases.
- Involvement in committees, school leadership meetings and
program management meetings.
- Participate s --on the admission team as appropriate, weighing
in on our ability to serve individuals from a healthcare
- Ensure the development of appropriate documentation and
- Serve as a liaison between individuals served, families,
physicians, healthcare providers,--community agencies, and
employees to ensure continuity of care
- Educate employees on policies and standard operating practices
as it relates to healthcare and infection control.
- Conduct training per regulatory and organization
- Participation in an on-call rotation.
- Ability to take part in healthcare assessments as needed.
- Lead the nursing staff in delivering excellent care to patients
and offering quality support. Qualifications
- Current RN license in the state of Massachusetts.
- BSN degree required; Master's degree preferred.
- 5 years related nursing experience as an RN and experience
navigating the healthcare system in the state.
- Previous experience with individuals with development
disabilities, brain injury, neurobehavioral issues and human
- Previous experience supervising RNs and LPNs.
- Experience with individuals that exhibit significantly
challenging behaviors and aggression. May Institute is an Equal
Opportunity employer of qualified individuals and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis
protected by applicable federal, state or local law.May Institute
also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any
of the protected categories.
Keywords: Corus Entertainment, Brockton , Director of Healthcare Services, Executive , Brockton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!