Senior Property Manager
Company: Beacon Communities LLC
Posted on: June 12, 2022
Senior Property Manager, Chatham West Apartments, Brockton,
General Statement of Duties: Works independently to manage and
resolve all site management related issues. This individual should
be familiar with housing management, budgeting, housing agency
regulations related terminology and have a commitment to community
building. Further, this individual must have the demonstrated
capacity to work as an active member of a team comprised of on-site
and off-site human service providers as well as an active resident
community, to participate in joint decision-making processes and to
balance competing objectives.
Supervision Received: Reports to Regional Vice President.
Supervision Exercised: Manages direct reports as assigned.
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not
include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples
include all duties that may be found in positions of this
Manages financial operations of the site following company and
government agency rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Develops, monitors and oversees all site management related
programs, policies, plans, rules, regulations, contracts and
agreements in accordance with corporate policies.
- Prepares annual operating budget; monitors and performs budget
- Prepares 5 and 20-year capital needs studies.
- Ensures agency regulation compliance and deadlines for
- Prepares all reports, including monthly management, weekly
marketing, delinquency/ occupancy, bad debt write-off, and expense
- Reconciles reports to General Ledger and approves vendor
invoices and cash receipt batches.
- Monitors energy/utility consumption.
- Supervises rent collection.
- Prepares quarterly replacement reserve withdrawal requests to
- Authorizes inventory and maintenance purchases.
- Monitors turnovers and major replacements.
- Provides information and fulfills requests from corporate
- Special projects as assigned by Regional Vice
President.Represents Beacon Communities to the public and
collaboratively develops a partnership with local public officials,
local businesses and agencies.
- Meets with Resident Services Coordinator to establish property
work plans and develop course of action.
- Responds to questions and complaints from the public.Manages
the rental program utilizing forms, documents, and computer
programs following company, HUD, and LIHTC, and/or Public Housing
guidelines to assure eligibility for continued occupancy.
- Oversees all aspects of rental/management office. Monitors all
rental programs, waiting lists and administers all renting and
leasing procedures-market and low-income housing tax
credits.Oversees the Administration of the ADA/Section 504
reasonable accommodation policy.
Oversees leasing process, income certifications/recertifications,
and approves agency billing.
Ensures affirmative action compliance and reporting.
Oversees move-ins/outs, security deposits, transfers, rent changes
and Guest Card input into Yardi.
Oversees or handles evictions when appropriate.
Oversees building, grounds maintenance and security of property and
follows company and HUD rules, regulations and guidelines to ensure
grounds and units are properly maintained.
- Monitors and ensures execution of all aspects of site safety,
accident and insurance reporting and emergency and media
- Negotiates contracts for services and supplies.
- Oversees service orders in Yardi.Fosters a positive, active and
collaborative relationship with residents and coordinates
residents' services for units.
- Conducts resident meetings.
- Responds to questions and complaints from residents.
- Assists with new resident orientation.
- Investigates complaints, disturbances, violations. Resolves
problems.Manages staff and oversees hiring, termination, status
changes and performance management decisions.
- Conducts performance and compensation appraisals.
- Sets standards for work performance and communicates standards
- Conducts weekly staff meetings.
- Trains and develops employees, including new hire 90-day
assessment/feedback.Performs site inspections for continued
compliance following company, HUD, and LIHTC rules and regulations,
policies and procedures.
- Handles all aspects of site and unit inspections.
- Interacts with housing and human service agency personnel,
lenders and investors.Oversees or conducts and coordinates all
marketing activities to promote the property.
- Markets units to prospects, guests, etc.
- Completes market surveys.
- Conducts all resident retention events and activities.
- Conducts outreach to local businesses and organizations to
promote the property.Minimum Qualifications
Education: Bachelor's degree in related field (Business
Administration, Real Estate or Public Administration preferable),
or equivalent knowledge or experience.
Experience: Three years of related work experience. CPHM (Certified
Public Housing Manager), LIHTC (Low Income Housing Tax Credit) or
CPM (Certified Property Manager) certification preferable.
Experience as a manager or assistant manager of a public or private
apartment/condo complex with responsibilities for
leasing/admission, maintenance, management of administrative,
maintenance or contract employees, or an equivalent combination of
education and experience.
Qualifications, Abilities and Skills: Must be familiar with housing
management, budgeting, housing agency regulations and if
applicable, the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit Program, HUD,
conventional, (market rate) and/or Hope VI (mixed income/public
housing) programs. The candidate must possess strong organizational
and management skills and the demonstrated ability to work as a
critical member of a team that is committed to building strong
communities. Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel. Yardi
proficiency preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication
skills. Self-motivated, flexible, and detail oriented. Ability to
interact effectively with persons of all ethnic and educational
backgrounds to include listening, sensitivity to other's feelings,
needs and point of view. Tact and courtesy in all interactions.
Working Conditions: Ability to physically inspect the properties in
their entirety to include walking/climbing stairs, and ability to
withstand all weather conditions. Must respond to 'after hours'
Special Requirements: Must possess and maintain a vehicle and valid
driver's license with an insurable driving record history to obtain
and maintain employment.
Beacon Core Competencies required for all positions:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus,
Beacon Management Competencies required for all Management
Decision-Making/Judgement, Communication, Budgets/Cost Control,
Managing for Results, People Development.
Senior Property Manager Functional Job Competencies required:
Job Knowledge, Problem Solving/Analysis, Interpersonal Skills,
Computer Skills, Hiring.
Beacon Communities LLC seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We are
committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without
regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion,
disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age,
veteran status or other protected class.
Beacon Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, beginning on the first of
the month after hire.
- 401(k) with company match, short term disability and long term
- 3 weeks' paid vacation, 13 paid holidays.
- Summer flex scheduling options to allow for early releases on
Friday from Memorial Day to Labor Day.Beacon Communities LLC seeks
a diverse pool of candidates. We are committed to a policy of equal
employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ancestry,
national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity,
sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other protected
Beacon Communities - 2018, 2019, 2020 Boston Globe's Top Places to
At Beacon, we strive to make a difference in our residents' lives.
We build outstanding communities that make enduring contributions
to the vitality of our cities and towns. We create communities that
serve a diverse cross section of our society. Our communities are
healthy and vibrant. Why? Because they are planned with care,
consideration, and compassion.
Company Overview: Founded in 2004, Beacon Communities LLC is a
privately-owned real estate firm that develops, acquires, invests
in, and manages a wide range of multifamily housing. Beacon
currently owns and manages approximately 18,000 apartments
including affordable housing, market rate housing, and mixed
income-housing. Its developments range from new construction, to
historic adaptive reuse, to the renovation of existing
Keywords: Beacon Communities LLC, Brockton , Senior Property Manager, Executive , Brockton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!