Procurement and Purchasing Manager
Company: Crown Linen Service, Inc.
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Crown Linen is looking for a Procurement and Purchasing
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for the overall
strategy and performance of purchased goods and services as well as
the governance of the procurement process by working closely with
the executive team to develop a best-in-class program that will
drive significant savings and better enable revenue growth. We are
looking for an experienced procurement leader and change agent with
strong operational capability.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Lead the purchasing and procurement function of the
- Supplier/Vendor management and relationship development
(textile, uniform, mats, other) including managing Supplier/Vendor
performance to drive alignment with company goals and
- Ensures that goods and services are acquired in a timely
- Negotiates contract terms and service level
- Minimizes the cost of products and services which meet our
- Research and development of new and innovative textiles,
uniforms and other products.
- Frequent meetings with vendors to review purchasing, pricing,
trends, rebates & savings.
- Drive results measured by lower material costs, more responsive
supplier performance, process and service improvements, and
productivity throughout the supply chain in addition to helping
with improving product quality.
- Manage the request for proposal process by identifying
opportunities for implementing new vendor relationships
- Performs standardized strategic sourcing processes including
supplier market analysis, category analysis, supply risk analysis,
and make vs. buy analysis. Evaluate and execute hedging strategies
where applicable and other contract mechanisms to manage risk.
- Anticipate key supplier risk that could affect supply or
financial impact of all sourcing.
- Stay abreast of relevant economic, industry, supply market, and
business conditions to update strategy and assure adequate and
competitive supply of critical products and services to support
ongoing business and new go-to-market initiatives.
- Build credibility and maintain strong working relationships
with internal and external stakeholders while providing strategic
thought leadership to the overall business.
- Partner with leaders across the organization on strategies that
directly impact the company's financial statements and operational
- Develops and executes strategies, policies and practices
directed at improving service and ensures compliance with company
policies and procedures
- Tracks and manages activity related to internal and external
compliance, responsible sourcing and focus on driving cost savings
and other improvements.
- Monthly forecast development to support internal and external
production to ensure supply both in the short term as well as
identify longer term capital investment needs.
- Works closely with Warehouse Manager to improve Inventory
Management; increase inventory accuracy, expedite turnaround times,
and reduce SKUs.
WHO WE ARE
Crown Uniform and Linen Service was founded as a family business in
1914 and has been a leading provider of uniform and linen services
in New England for over 108 years. We pride ourselves on our
quality and are committed to building long lasting customer
relationships. A career at Crown is not just another job. We know
that our success is a direct result of strong teamwork, and we are
dedicated to building long term relationships with our employees.
If you would like to be part of a winning team that values your
contributions, invests in your future and depends on you for our
future success, then Apply Today!
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Generous PTO package.
Industry leading benefits package (health, dental, vision, LTD,
life insurance, hospital and accident indemnity).
401K plan with company match.
Monday - Friday schedule.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree and 10+ years of experience leading procurement
and strategic sourcing function.
- Extensive experience managing a procurement portfolio across
various categories including various indirect spends with a clear
focus on supplier innovation to identify new sources of goods and
- Proven history of consistently delivering annual savings
- Strong negotiation skills with ability to close complex,
- Strong global knowledge with ability to respond to global changes
in the marketplace. Knowledge of both price and consumptions
savings levers and risk management will be expected.
- Ability to understand complex sourcing, proactively plan for new
- Results oriented with the ability to prioritize and deliver key
- Strong planning, operational and analytical skills. Is good at
figuring out what to measure to track progress; sets up systems
that can almost manage themselves; always looking for incremental
- A driver around the use of data to solve problems and make
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, changing environment. Energized
by tough challenges, adaptable and resilient.
- A collaborative team player with strong interpersonal skills who
can credibly communicate with and relate to people at all levels in
the organization. A track record of building successful, strong
- High degree of integrity
- Experience interacting and presenting to internal and external
executives. Exceptionally strong communication skills are
Crown is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Crown Linen Service, Inc., Brockton , Procurement and Purchasing Manager, Executive , Brockton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!