Category Merchandising Manager
Company: W.B. Mason Company, Inc
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Requisition ID 2019-2420
Position Type Full Time
Shift Type First Shift
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with Director, Merchandising to develop and communicate the category strategy by vendor and program funding, sales and margin goals for their areas of responsibility
- Oversee bringing products to life, from vendor relationships through product sourcing, pricing, and on-time launch.
- Develop and communicate strategic visions and goals, from a customer and marketplace perspective, to respective cross-functional partners
- Provide guidance to team to ensure merchandise strategies and assortment plans meet divisional objectives and align with customer needs
- Negotiates marketing program, rebates, pricing and terms with new, existing and prospective vendors. Builds strong relationships with the vendor community and exercises flexibility in approach to negotiations
- Attend trade shows and prepare trip recaps highlighting product development priorities and opportunities.
- Partner with Marketing Mgr. to build a marketing plan that will enhance the overall brand, drive customer traffic and deliver return on investment
- Facilitate team environment between Vendor Relations and Purchasing organizations
- Build a high quality team by developing partnerships, leading, coaching and providing constructive feedback
- Responsible for understanding customer base and driving new customer growth
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Effectively manages area of responsibility to achieve financial targets based on a sound knowledge of merchandising concepts
- Thinks conceptually and strategically
- Builds and maintains productive cross-functional relationships
- Results oriented, willingness to follow through, make informed decisions, complete tasks and problem-solve
- Takes calculated risks to achieve results with partnership
- Crafts targeted and effective verbal and written communications
- Fosters a strong team environment and works effectively with management
- Adapts to shifting circumstances in a business environment
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor degree required
- 5+ years prior experience in retail category management, merchandising, buying, planning & allocation, marketing, or a related field is required
- Negotiation skills and decision-making ability
- Exceptional computer skills, including experience in Excel and Powerpoint
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, speak and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers for data entry. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer
W.B. Mason Company, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Keywords: W.B. Mason Company, Inc, Brockton , Category Merchandising Manager, Executive , Brockton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!