Senior Associate, Actuary - 1900136
Company: FIDELITY INVESTMENTS
Location: Boston, MA
Posted on: January 11, 2019
Serves as a member of Fidelity’s Professional Services Group, which is
part of the Health and Welfare team within Benefits Consulting.
• Collects and prepares data necessary to analyze benefit programs
and provides assistance to more senior consultants in analysis of
• Collects renewals and assists in the analysis, negotiations, and
finalization of renewals.
• Maintains client documentation, including SPDs, contracts, and
• Assists in the development of health and welfare program
pricing, budgets, employee contributions, and premium equivalent rates
for self-insured plans.
• Assists in the negotiation of rates, contractual provisions, and
performance guarantees with current benefit vendors.
• Performs marketing analysis including RFP creation, proposal
collection, and vendor comparisons.
• Assists with vendor selection, performance criteria, pricing
negotiations, contractual provisions, and performance guarantees.
• Assists with the management of new and existing vendors during
the implementation process.
• Maintains knowledge regarding the major health plans,
administrators, and other vendors in the marketplace in order to consult
with clients and prospects.
• Maintains project plans and status logs with completion times
and issue resolutions/decisions.
• Escalates issues with project timing and scope.
• Creates letters, presentations, proposals, charts, and
spreadsheets for management.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Statistics,
Mathematics, Economics, Mathematical Decision Sciences, Actuarial
Science, Actuarial Mathematics, or a closely related field and three (3)
years of experience in the job offered or three (3) years of experience
performing actuarial consulting within a corporate healthcare or
healthcare consulting environment.
Or, alternatively, a Master’s degree (or foreign education equivalent)
in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Mathematical Decision Sciences,
Actuarial Science, Actuarial Mathematics, or a closely related field and
one (1) year of experience in the job offered or one (1) year of
experience performing actuarial consulting within a corporate healthcare
or healthcare consulting environment.
Skills and Knowledge:
Candidate must also possess:
• Demonstrated Expertise (“DE”) in financial modeling of employer
group health plans, including rate setting, contribution and plan design
modeling, and trends analysis and forecasting, using Excel and VBA.
• DE performing actuarial analysis -- quantitative analysis of
financial, utilization, and cost data -- of health and welfare plans.
• DE performing claims utilization liability analysis, including
applying multiple reserving procedures and methods and IBNR.
• DE evaluating and ranking financial, network, benefit,
performance and member experience, and components of Private Exchanges,
Active Medical, and Medicare plans through the RFP and RFI processes.
To apply, visit https://fidelity.com/jobs and search job code 1900136.
Keywords: FIDELITY INVESTMENTS, Brockton , Senior Associate, Actuary - 1900136, Finance , Boston, MA, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!