Behavioral Health Clinician [ IHT & Outpatient ]
Company: Gandara Mental Health Center, Inc.
Posted on: December 4, 2019
Behavioral Health Clinician
Brockton Office - Hiring Bonus Eligible!
About us: G--ndara Center's mission is to promote the well-being of
Hispanics, African Americans, and other culturally diverse
populations through innovative culturally competent behavioral
health, prevention, and education services. Established in 1977 The
G--ndara Center provides outpatient mental health and substance use
services to the growing and the largely unserved Hispanic community
in Western Massachusetts. G--ndara Center serves more than 10,000
people from all backgrounds per year at 45 locations across the
state of Massachusetts.
We're looking to bring on board Bilingual Behavioral Health
Clinician for our various programs throughout the state of
Massachusetts! These sites include Boston, New Bedford, Brockton,
Fitchburg, Springfield, Holyoke and Chicopee. The Bilingual
Behavioral Health Clinician would serve the following programs and
The In-Home Therapy Clinician provide structured, consistent,
strength-based therapeutic interventions in client homes for the
purpose of treating a youth's behavioral health needs, including
improving the family's ability to provide effective support for the
youth to promote his/her healthy functioning within the family.
This service is delivered by one or more members of a team
consisting of professional and paraprofessional staff, offering a
combination of medically necessary In-Home Therapy and Therapeutic
Training and Support.
Behavioral Health Clinician [In-Home Therapist] Job
- Accurately diagnose and provide proper clinical
- Demonstrate knowledge of the service delivery protocol and
treatment standards as well as the ethical mandates of relevant
- Submit detailed progress notes that follow federal, state, and
- Conduct comprehensive home-based assessments and behavioral
health assessments inclusive of the age appropriate version of the
Massachusetts Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths (CANS) that
occurs in the youth's home or another location of the family's
- Develop and modify the youth and family centered treatment plan
in collaboration with the youth, parent/caregiver(s), and with
required consents, in consultation with other providers.
- Review/development of a risk management/safety plan in
collaboration with the youth and parent/caregiver.
- Provide intensive family therapy that may include working with
the entire family, or a subset of the family, to implement focused,
structural, strategic, behavioral techniques, or evidenced-based
interventions to enhance problem solving, limit setting, risk
management/safety planning, communication, and skill building
Identifies community resources and development of natural supports
for youth and parent/caregiver(s) to support and sustain
achievement of the youth's treatment plan goals and
- Provides or secures support and crisis/emergency services for
- Collaborates with other necessary individuals the youth and
family may have contact with, such as Bureau Case Managers,
Probation Officers, Judges, District Attorneys, Attorneys,
Teachers, Physicians, etc.
Outpatient Clinic and Recovery Services
The Behavioral Health Clinician who will work in the Outpatient
Clinic in a team model setting and will establish open
communication, support, and accountability among workers and
consumers. The Clinician is accountable to the Clinical Supervisor.
The Clinician provides services on-site and in the community to
individuals, children, and families experiencing mental health
Behavioral Health Clinician (Outpatient Clinic) Duties:
- Complete social clinical assessments of clients for diagnostic
treatment and referral purposes.
- Develop treatment plans
- Assist in the placement of clients in appropriate services as
needed (i.e., employment and rehabilitation, job training,
- Participate in scheduled supervision with the clinical
supervisor regarding case work, diagnosis treatment, and other
direct or supportive services.
- Provide psychotherapy and/or crisis intervention
- Other duties as assigned by the Clinical Supervisor and/or
Director of Outpatient Clinic.
In-Home Therapy Clinician Candidate Requirements
- Minimum Experience Required: 1 year
- Degree Required: Must possess an MCE approved Master Degree in
a social work, psychology, counseling or related field
- Driver's License and proper auto insurance required.
- Awareness and sensitivity to contextual variables such as race,
culture, gender, sexuality, disability, economics and lived
- Employee Type: Full Time
Outpatient Behavioral Health Clinician requirements:
- MSW, MA, or M.Ed. in social work, psychology, counseling or
related field required.
- Must be state licensed or license eligible for one of the
following: LMHC, LMFT, LADCI, LICSW, or LCSW.
- Must have mental health or substance use treatment experience,
strong communication (written and verbal) and customer service
skills, and excellent organizational skills.
- Must have valid driver's license and meet Agency requirements
for driving history records.
- Bilingual in Spanish and/or Portuguese and/or Cape Verdean
Cr--ole, and English-Required.
- Retirement Plan 403(b)
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid vacations
- 11 paid holidays
- 8 discretionary days a year
- Discounts offered to your T-Mobile, Verizon and/or Sprint
- Hiring Bonus Eligible!
The G--ndara Mental Health Center provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard
to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to
all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Keywords: Gandara Mental Health Center, Inc., Brockton , Behavioral Health Clinician [ IHT & Outpatient ], Healthcare , Brockton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!