Posted on: January 9, 2022
***Relocation expenses covered up to $5,000***
Job SummaryThe licensed physical therapist will assess and
implement a person's plan of care for physical therapy services.
Through therapy services, the physical therapist will improve the
person's range of motion, develop exercises and comprehensive
treatment programs, monitor the person's status, modify care within
a treatment plan, document care, and work collaboratively with
other health professionals at Wrentham Developmental
Center.Physical Therapist Job DutiesThe physical therapist will
diagnose and treat patients who have health conditions that limit
their ability to move and perform everyday activities. The
therapist will not only help restore their physical function and
mobility but will also work to promote overall wellness and boost
their quality of life.
- Evaluate a person's symptoms and develop a rehabilitation plan
that aligns with the patient's personal needs and goals.
- Implement physical therapy plans for designated persons while
documenting service implementation and the person's response to
- Complete and maintain records and makes reports of all
activities relating to physical therapy services.
- Assist in the training and teaching of caretakers and/or family
members in appropriate body mechanics and range of motion
- Monitor and, as appropriate, assist staff in range of motion
programs. Additionally, monitor wheelchairs, orthotic
equipment/devices, and other rehab equipment to ensure adequate
inventories and to ensure all are in appropriate repair.
- Participate in team meetings regarding physical therapy
services as required by other state/community entities.
- Schedule and monitors Rehabilitation Services for persons,
ensuring rehabilitation evaluations are completed in a timely
manner.Physical Therapist Essential Qualifications
- Massachusetts license as a board-certified physical
- Successful background clearance, physical, drug/alcohol
- Knowledge of anatomy, exercise physiology, biomechanics,
kinesiology, neuroscience, pharmacology, cardiovascular and
pulmonary systems, and other areas.
- Must communicate clearly and effectively (both written and
orally) in a professional manner, with all levels of
- Must possess the ability to train, mentor, and direct others in
a clinically or process-oriented manner.
- Must show leadership skills, inspiring positive change in the
workplace. Good customer service is vital.
Physical Therapist Preferred Qualifications
- Enhanced understanding of medical/clinical records, consents
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and analytical,
problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple complex tasks or assignments,
consistently producing high quality work.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers and software
applications.Who We AreHope is a clinical, educational, and
therapeutic provider for individuals with intellectual and
developmental disabilities. We exist to help individuals reach
their maximum potential by providing state-of-the-art therapies,
access to recreation, vocational training, and individualized
education programming. Hope offers dynamic, varied programs
individualized to the individual's needs. Our mission is to provide
state-of-the-art services in the most inclusive environments to
encourage persons to fulfill their individual potential through
evidence-based treatment, advocacy, and community education.The
Wrentham Developmental Center is a historic state-run medical
facility for the treatment of psychiatric and developmental
disorders. Hope has partnered with Wrentham Developmental Center to
provide essential habilitative services to the individuals residing
at the facility. Through our services, we optimize the quality of
life and care for residents while promoting residents' independence
and functional ability across varied settings.
Working ConditionsThe work is done primarily at Wrentham
Developmental Center. The work does not include significant usage
of a motor vehicle. The work may also require exposure to low to
medium amounts of noise in a long-term residential setting. On
occasion, the work may require flexible hours outside of normal
Keywords: Hope, Brockton , Physical Therapist, Healthcare , Wrentham, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!