Posted on: June 19, 2022
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
Our Nurse Supervisor is directly responsible for ensuring proper
staffing coverage for the facility during off-hours. Job
responsibilities are carried out in direct consultation with the
nursing management. In addition, provides first level supervision
on the delivery of professional nursing care.
$10,400 Sign-on Bonus!
- Graduation from an accredited college, university or vocational
- Three (3) three years' experience in psychiatric mental health
nursing is preferred with an additional two (2) years' supervisory
experience highly desirable.
- TJC knowledge and experience preferred. Excellent interpersonal
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels within
the facility, in addition to a variety of outside customers with
- Above average writing skills.
- Must be able to thoroughly and effectively document all work
performed in the position.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software
typically used by the department.
- EMR experience is required.
- Current Commonwealth of Massachusetts License as a Registered
- Responsible for overall staffing of after-hours shifts, making
adjustments to number and mix of staff based on
- hospital patient acuity and staff resources available.
- Communicates with Nurse Managers and the ADON on overall
staffing of hospital.
- Plans, coordinates and supervises the delivery of professional
nursing care by direct observation of licensed staff while on
- Provides a professional role model for staff.
- Participates actively in nursing management meetings.
- Conducts scheduled and unscheduled rounds to all residential
units as indicated.
- Actively participates in the performance improvement process by
monitoring and evaluating functions and performing qualitative
reviews especially of nursing staff that work evenings and
- Completes performance evaluations on staff, as directed by the
- Supervises after-hours nursing staff. Monitors and assigns
duties to per diem staff and those on workers' compensation light
duty status I.e., assignments, work hours, and complete performance
- Provides direction to nursing schedulers with regards to data
input and adjustments to the nursing schedule.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability
Keywords: Wellpath, Brockton , Nurse Supervisor, Healthcare , Bridgewater, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!