Correctional Medicine Physician Needed in Bridgewater, MA
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Correctional Medicine opening in Bridgewater, Massachusetts.
This and other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
Our Physician is responsible for the medical assessment and care of
patients, supervising the ARNPs', PAs' clinical activities, and
providing consultations and referrals to and from other medical
Education for Physician:
- MD or DO degree from an accredited medical school.
Experience for Physician:
- Two (2) years of experience in primary care preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels within
the facility, in addition to a variety of outside customers with
- Above average writing skills. Must be able to thoroughly and
effectively document all work performed in the position.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software
typically used by the department.
Licenses/Certifications for Physician:
- Licensed in the state of practice. Has a current DEA and D.P.S.
certificate of registration.Responsibilities
- Conducts routine medical examinations on incoming or admitted
patients under protocols and guidelines established.
- May supervise ARNPs or PAs who may also conduct medical
- Provides medical treatment and orders studies, tests, and
ancillary services that are required and consistent with the
provisions of adequate health care services and approved
privileges. May conducts minor surgical procedures for which they
have been granted privileges to perform at the facility.
Thoroughly, accurately, and timely documents all patient services
in the patient's medical record utilizing facility approved
- Routinely reviews/reevaluates those patients requiring ongoing
medical/consultative services and coordinates treatment planning in
- Initiates and maintains compliance with organizational policies
and procedures, and reviews all facility-specific medical health
care policies and procedures annually to assure their compliance
with The Company Corporate Directives and applicable regulatory
- Assures good medical judgment in all clinical decisions,
reviews organizational and National Treatment Guidelines and,
maintains compliance with those standards according to individual
patient healthcare needs. Annually reviews and recommends
modifications to nursing assessment protocols to senior management.
Assists in developing and implementing facility specific policies,
procedures, and protocols in patient treatment.
- Attends healthcare staff meetings, continuous quality
improvement meetings, infection control meetings, and other
meetings as requested by leadership.
- Meets with leadership as often as needed for purposes of
healthcare program evaluation and planning; Under the Clinical
Director's guidance, supervises the assigned work area(s), all
observational and infirmary service, and assigned Nurse
Practitioners (ARNP's). In addition, co-signs all voice and
telephone orders given by incumbent to ARNP's if required and to
- In coordination with leadership, designates continuing care
facilities and specialty (consultative) physicians and makes
referrals to these facilities/individuals as medically necessary.
Coordinates the healthcare of the patients during treatment.
Designates level of care to be performed in the facility and the
equipment needed to perform this level of care. Actively
participates in utilization management initiatives, to include
compliance with the treatment pharmaceutical formulary; and, the
non-emergency specialty consultative referral process. Completes
all requests for medical services in a timely manner, completely
and initiates alternative actions as medically necessary. Acts as a
patient advocate in all issues of medical need. Authorizes the
administration of Flu and Hepatitis B Vaccine to employees.
- When applicable, serves as an active participant with
healthcare and operations staff in Admission and Discharge
- Demonstrates understanding of, and complies with special
precautions, disaster and fire safety procedures, assists with
finding alternatives to seclusion and restraint, knowledge of abuse
- Is sensitive to cultural diversity issues, treats patients as
an individual, and considers the culture of the patients when
providing care and treatment.
- Is knowledgeable about care and treatment needs of patients of
different ages. Provides individualized care and treatment that is
consistent with/sensitive to the age and life span developmental
needs of each patient.
- Continues professional development through in-service
education, workshops, conferences and self-study necessary to
maintain current knowledge applicable to the position.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Keyphrases: correctional medical services jobs, correctional
medicine jobs, correctional health services jobs, prison health
Keywords: Wellpath, Brockton , Correctional Medicine Physician Needed in Bridgewater, MA, Healthcare , Bridgewater, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!