Posted on: June 21, 2022
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
Our Staff Psychiatrist assumes responsibility for the admission,
continuing care, and discharge of patients. Provides leadership to
the multi-disciplinary treatment team, and participates in
performance improvement and other activities as directed by the
*Excellent Opportunity*Sign On Bonus and Generous Compensation
Package*Work Life Balance
Education for Psychiatrist:
- An MD or DO degree from an accredited university.
Experience for Psychiatrist:
- At least one (1) year experience in clinical psychiatry
Licenses/Certifications for Psychiatrist:
- Licensed in the state of practice.
- Board certified or eligible in psychiatry.Responsibilities
- Completes an initial psychiatric assessment within 24 hours of
admission. The psychiatrist's initial assessment includes a
comprehensive psychiatric evaluation, mental status examination,
assessment for movement disorders secondary to psychotropic
medications. The psychiatrist initiates treatment with psychotropic
medicines and other available modalities.
- Will review psychotropic medications at a minimum of every 20
days during the first 60 days of admission.
- Will prescribe psychotropic medications per best practices for
presenting symptoms. Indications for medications will be stated
clearly in progress notes as well as in the orders. Applicable
laboratory studies will be done prior to prescribing certain
categories of psychotropic medications. Follows up and monitors
tests and consultations, provides education regarding medications
and their mental illness to the patients and when applicable, their
families. Documents ongoing care and discharge readiness. Conducts
daily rounds on the unit.
- Completes a summary of treatment including a mental status exam
before the one-year anniversary of the patient's admission.
Completes all discharge summaries within 30 days of patient's
- Documents completely all services provided in the patient's
medical record. Properly documents on patients chart as required
applicable Joint Commission and other regulations. Ensures quality
and legibility of his/her written orders and progress notes.
- Supervises the overall medical care received by the patients,
reviews and oversees the treatment plan process, leads the
multi-disciplinary team, supervises appropriate staff and students,
and has clinical oversight of unit activities.
- Provides timely and complete reports to the court when
requested. Provides court testimony when needed.
- Participates in staff meetings, assigned committees and any
- Is sensitive to cultural diversity issues, treats patients as
individuals, and considers the culture of the patients when
providing care and treatment.
- Is knowledgeable about care and treatment needs of patients of
different ages. Provides individualized care and treatment that is
consistent with/sensitive to the age and life span developmental
needs of each patient.
- Continues professional development through in-service
education, workshops, conferences and self-study necessary to
maintain current knowledge applicable to the position.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Keywords: Wellpath, Brockton , Psychiatrist, Healthcare , Bridgewater, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!