Posted on: October 11, 2018
Req No. 16-0263 Title Physical Therapist Location EI City Brockton Company InfoJoin BAMSI's growing workforce of dedicated professionals. Physical Therapists at BAMSI assess, diagnose, evaluate, and treat children with a wide variety of confirmed or suspected developmental disabilities. The Brockton Early Childhood Intervention Program is a public health program that provides therapeutic support to infants and toddlers who have developmental delays or are at risk for such delays. The goal of the program is to help children as soon as possible so they can reach their full potential. Services include speech therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy, and skill development. Must be a licensed Physical Therapist with a valid driver's license in state of residence and own means of transportation. Home visits and travel to surrounding towns is required. BAMSI is a 1900+ employee health and human services organization with locations across Eastern Massachusetts. We offer generous paid time off, paid holidays, paid trainings in a supportive environment that offers growth opportunities! Health and Dental Insurance is available for employees working 30+ hours. DescriptionResponsibilities: 1. Participate in developmental evaluations with Early Intervention team.
- Treat children with a variety of confirmed or suspected disabilities, using the interdisciplinary model of practice. Develop, write and implement IEP's for children age birth to three yrs. old.
- Serve as an advocate for parents and children in the child's first 766 evaluation when leaving the Children's Community Center.
- Choose appropriate training materials.
- Work within an interdisciplinary team approach, provide consultation, training and supervision to other staff members.
- Provide training and support to families.
- Write reports, record progress and interpret reports to families and other staff members.
- Attend meetings and appropriate trainings as required or as assigned by supervisor.
- Perform duties to reflect reasonable safety standards. Universal/standard precautions must be utilized and training obtained in areas that constitute risk.
- Perform duties in accordance with agency/program policies and procedures.
- Perform other related work duties as needed or assigned by supervisor or designee. RequirementsQualifications: Must be a licensed Physical Therapist Must possess a valid driver's license in state of residence and have own means of transportation. Home visits and travel to surrounding towns is required. Must have the agility to move quickly to reach a child who may need assistance. Must be able to stoop, squat or sit or otherwise position oneself to closely interact with children. Must be able to bend, reach, stretch and participate in play and other activities, both inside and outside. Must be able to accompany and quickly access all areas where children may be located including classrooms, homes, bathrooms, steps or stairways, entrances, buses and outside play areas or other natural and community settings. Must be able to respond rapidly to safeguard children during an emergency including threat of fire, disaster or imminent danger. Emergency response may require running, carrying or lifting children. Must be able to react quickly to prevent injury or harm to a child.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: BAMSI, Brockton , Physical Therapist, Healthcare , Brockton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!