Kitchen- Prep Clerk
Company: Roche Bros. Supermarkets
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Overview:Prepare food and display product in the department in a
careful, clean, neat, and expedient manner while ensuring that all
product is fresh, rotated, and well-stocked for our customers while
maintaining great customer service.Minimum Qualifications:
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Demonstrate capability to work with customers.
- Successful completion of company training program.
- Completed a course in food safety, either mini class or full
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English,
with the ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work a scheduled based on the business needs of the
- Authorized to work within the U.S.Responsibilities:The list of
essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as
necessary by the company.
- Commit to the "Golden Rule" and work with other associates to
build a strong kitchen team.
- Achieve the highest associate morale in the industry by working
in a style that is Respectful, Supportive and Totally Team Oriented
- Handle each customer transaction in a courteous, friendly
manner. Go out of your way to satisfy any request for
- Provide continuous attention to customers' needs at the service
counter and be available for customer assistance and questions
about food products.
- Offer assistance in finding or suggesting product
- Guarantee outstanding product quality and presentation through
cooperation with kitchen manager.
- Keep all kitchen ingredients or merchandise rotated in
accordance with company policy and product code dates and always
make use of the oldest products first (first in, first out).
- Participate actively in the control of shrink; use proper
tares, check scales for accuracy, control "leftovers" and minimize
- Demonstrate learned skills of product preparation, selling and
- Practice the "Cleaner's Creed" and proper sanitation
- Follow all sanitation guidelines and standards.
- Ensure that company standards of safety, proper food handling
practices, sanitation and productivity are maintained.
- Monitor cooler and display area temperature to ensure product
quality; report refrigeration failure immediately.
- Able to operate and clean department equipment and
tools.Secondary Job Functions:
- Restock and use supply items efficiently to eliminate waste and
to maintain the lowest supply cost.
- Clean utensils, work tables, display cases, cooler and freezer,
walls, fans, drains, and wipe counter tops.
- Present favorable impression in dress, personal hygiene and
- Notify management of associate theft, customer shoplifting,
unauthorized markdowns or property defacement.
- Successful completion of the onboarding/e-learnings and
checklist within 30 days of hire/entering department.
- Other duties as assigned by management.Physical Demands: (per
work day):The physical demands and safety risk factors of the job
listed below may occur during each work shift and are listed
according to their frequency.Physical DemandsFrequencySitting and
crawling.0% (N) NeverPushing and pulling up to 250 lbs, lifting up
to 50 lbs, climbing up to 8 feet, kneeling, and crouching,1-33% (O)
OccasionallyCarrying up to 50 lbs, bending, balancing, stooping,
and reaching at waist or overhead.34-66% (F) FrequentlyStanding or
walking on tile or concrete, handling, fingering, feeling, talking,
seeing, smelling and hearing.67-100% (C) ContinuouslySafety Risk
FactorsFrequencyLoud noise, cluttered floor surface, contact with
skin irritant, toxic exposure (see material safety data sheet),
nuisance dust, fumes, sprays, and hazardous cleaning
solutions.1-33% (O) OccasionallyTwisting or back and neck, slippery
floor surface, and contact with sharp objects.34-66% (F)
FrequentlyHazardous equipment (mechanical moving parts).67-100% (C)
ContinuouslyMachines, tools, and equipment utilized:Food processor,
grill, slicer, knives, kitchen utensils, case cutter, warmer, oven,
fryer, smoker, electronic scales, mixer, shrink film wrap, pallet
jack, power jack, pressure washer, trash compactor.Repetitive
Action:Continuous movement of entire body.Working Conditions:
Working environment is inside and may include exposure to cold and
Keywords: Roche Bros. Supermarkets, Brockton , Kitchen- Prep Clerk, Hospitality & Tourism , Duxbury, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!