Company: Roche Bros. Supermarkets
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Overview:To effectively plan, organize, lead, coordinate and
optimize the materials and human resources in the produce
department; to provide variety and high quality merchandise
appealingly displayed to maximize the sales and profits of the
produce department while maintaining great customer service.Minimum
- Must be 18 years of age with High School diploma or
- Successful experience in the produce operation (i.e.,
- Inventory and pricing).
- Complete every section of the produce associate training
- Ability to display initiative, work with limited supervision,
and follow verbal directions.
- Must be Servsafe certified.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English,
with the ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work a multiple stores and a schedule based on
- Authorized to work within the U.S.Responsibilities:The list of
essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as
necessary by the company.
- Provide an open door atmosphere conducive to high associate
morale and excellent customer service. Achieve the highest
associate morale in the industry by managing in a style that is
Respectful, Supportive and Totally Team Oriented (RSTO).
- Commit to the "Golden Rule" and work with other associates to
build a strong produce team.
- Promote the company image as a service-oriented operation where
every associate will greet, assist, render efficient service and
thank customers in a prompt, courteous, friendly, and business-like
- Ensure the department achieves the standards of performance as
outlined in the work and merchandising plan.
- Possess good communication skills, ability to conduct and
facilitate department meetings, delegate and use initiative,
ingenuity, and have good judgment to act on opportunities and solve
- Ensure all new department associates receive proper review and
job descriptions, goals, and objectives.
- Ensure fair and consistent treatment in administering
discipline to promote high associate morale.
- Responsible for inventory, security and expense control of the
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, thus
compliance with all state and federal laws applicable to our
industry (i.e., labor/scheduling laws, dress code, sanitation
- Resolve customer complaints to the full satisfaction of the
- Ensure that the department is merchandised and signed in
accordance with the needs of the community.
- Develop the best-trained produce team in the industry.
Individual and department completion of the onboarding/e-learnings
and checklist within 30 days of hire/entering the department.
- Order, receive, unload and store deliveries; store, price,
date, rotate, and stock product and prepare product for display and
- Keep all produce products rotated in accordance with company
policy and product code dates and always make use of the oldest
products first (first in, first out).
- Effectively control proper storage limiting shrink and damaged
- Achieve and maintain department's merchandising goals and
standards in cooperation with store manager and department
merchandisers and buyers (such as gross profit, presentation,
- Plan work schedules and breaks, achieve payroll consistently by
scheduling within budget, and ensure all wage and hour policies and
regulations are adhered to.
- Maintain accurate records (receiving logs, invoices, inventory,
etc.), and forward those required for accounting purposes in a
timely manner. Respond timely to all location mail, reports and
- Offer product samples, answer product questions, and offer
assistance in finding or suggesting product, prepare special orders
that are requested by customers (i.e., fruit bowls, baskets, and
platters, watermelon boats, etc.).
- Help minimize all department expenses without compromising
department conditions or customer service level (i.e., payroll,
supplies, insurance cost).
- Guarantee outstanding product quality and presentation through
cooperation with store manager and merchandisers.
- Control backroom and storage operation to assure proper supply
and quality of product.
- Monitor cooler and display area temperature to ensure product
quality; report refrigeration failure immediately.
- Practice the "Cleaner's Creed" and proper sanitation
- Ensure sales and work area is swept clean, orderly and free
from safety hazards; report any hazards to management.
- Exercise proper safety practices when lifting, and moving
- Ensure all product labels, signs and prices are aligned with
product.Secondary Job Functions:
- Restock and use supply items efficiently to eliminate waste and
to maintain the lowest supply cost.
- Verify price checks for customers as needed.
- Ensure department associates adhere to company dress code
standard (i.e. name tags, personal hygiene, etc.)
- Notify management of associate theft, customer shoplifting,
unauthorized mark downs or property defacement.
- Clean walls, fans and drains in produce coolers, display cases
and work area.
- Other duties assigned by management.Physical Demands: (per work
day):The physical demands and safety risk factors of the job listed
below may occur during each work shift and are listed according to
0% (N) Never
Sitting, balancing, stooping, kneeling, climbing up to 8 feet, and
1-33% (O) Occasionally
Carrying and lifting up to 50 lbs, pushing and pulling up to 250
lbs, bending, and reaching at waist or overhead.
34-66% (F) Frequently
Standing and walking on a title or concrete floor, handling,
fingering, feeling, talking, seeing, smelling, and hearing.
67-100% (C) Continuously
Safety Risk Factors
Loud noise, slippery or crowded floor surface, hazardous equipment
(mechanical moving parts), contact with skin irritant, toxic
exposure (see material safety data sheet), nuisance dust, fumes,
sprays, and hazardous cleaning solutions.
1-33% (O) Occasionally
Twisting of back and neck and contact with sharp objects.
34-66% (F) Frequently
Machines, tools, and equipment utilized:Knives, case cutter,
wrapper, scale, pineapple core machine, pallet jack, power jack,
pressure washer, crate opener, trash compactor, pricing gun.
Repetitive Action:Continuous movement of entire body.
Working Conditions: Working environment is inside and within cold
Keywords: Roche Bros. Supermarkets, Brockton , Produce Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Bridgewater, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!