Company: Brockton Neighborhood Health Center
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionBROCKTON NEIGHBORHOOD HEALTH CENTEREnvironmental
Services WorkerDept.: Environmental ServicesSupervisor: Assistant
Director of Environmental Services
Under general supervision, perform a variety of routine skilled
cleaning tasks and maintenance; to maintain a steady work load and
to perform related work as assigned by the Asst. Director of
Environmental Services, Facility Director and/or outlined
- Organize, stock, dust, clean and sanitize exam and clinical
rooms, waiting rooms, hallways, break room, bathrooms, stairwells,
woodwork, furniture, floors, glass, foyers, building grounds, and
all areas of the facility as required.
- High level cleaning adhering to infection control
- Mix and use cleaning solutions properly and safely; store them
in a secure area.
- Proper and safe use of all maintenance and cleaning machinery
and equipment including, but not limited to, burnishes, buffers,
vacuums, carpet cleaners and extractors.
- Collection and storage of biohazard and infectious waste bags
and sharps containers.
- Maintain proper labeling and safe storage of collected
biohazard and waste.
- Display knowledge of, and properly utilize PPE (personal
- Collection of trash receptacles and clean-up of debris
encountered when performing routine duties.
- Respond to housekeeping/maintenance requests.
- General organization of all facility areas.
- Observe, remedy and/or report safety and security issues
encountered during routine duties.
- Maintain inventory and report needs to supervisor.
- Transport of materials.
- Building and grounds maintenance and clean-up.
- Snow and ice removal.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by supervisor or
- Housekeeping staff must contribute to the effective operations
of the Environmental Services department by daily cleaning and
supplying of exam rooms, treatment rooms, restrooms, nursing
stations, lounges, offices, waiting areas, and other areas as
assigned in accordance with standard policies and procedures.
- Staff should project an image of professionalism in
communication, appearance and conduct, participate in the
continuous quality improvement process, adhere to the organizations
mission, values and standards of conduct and be willing to work and
cooperate as a team. Staff may be required alter shift hours and
work extended hours at multiple locations as needs arise.
Housekeeping staff must display a working knowledge of departmental
standard operating procedures. This knowledge may include the use
of specialized equipment, quality control requirements, infection
control requirements and preventive maintenance.In order to prevent
a direct threat to the safety and health of our patients and staff,
effective August 1, 2021, new hires are required to have had at
least the first dose of a COVID vaccine prior to their start, with
the exception of those who have documented medical or religious
exemptions. New hires who are not yet vaccinated can arrange to
have the vaccine on site.At Brockton Neighborhood Health Center, we
are dedicated to providing high quality health care that is
delivered by Committed, Competent, Compassionate staff who respects
the dignity, privacy, and equality of each patient and colleagues.
Our team believes that Teamwork, Diversity, Respect, Customer
service and Collaboration are essential for everyone to be
successful in their role.
Keywords: Brockton Neighborhood Health Center, Brockton , Housekeeper, Hospitality & Tourism , Brockton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!