Senior HR Business Partner
Company: Brockton Area Multi-Services Inc.
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Overview:General Statement of Duties: The Sr. HR Business
Partner (Sr. HRBP) is responsible for building and ensuring
alignment between the business operations and the HR practices and
objectives. The Sr. HRBP maintains a strong understanding of the
business's strategy, providing recommendations and solutions using
experience, data analyses, and organizational agility to guide
decision making in support of the organization's vision, mission,
and overall objectives.In this position, the Sr. HRPB will assist
leadership and management in resolving employee relations issues,
conducting effective investigations and recommending action for
sensitive and complex situations and will mentor and guide other
HRPB team members.
- This position may provide supervisory responsibilities for HR
Business Partners and other administrative staff as needed.
Travel:Position may begin as "Hybrid" with likelihood of moving to
fully remote; however, this role will be expected build
relationships by regularly participating in on-site or 'cluster'
group meetings as needed and be available to be on-site to meet
with staff and management when needed.
***As a condition of employment, successful applicants will be
required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start
date. Details related to demonstrating compliance with this
requirement will be provided to candidates who have been selected
for employment.***Responsibilities:1. Collaborates with division
leaders and management in planning, implementing and evaluating
employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and
practices ensuring alignment with BAMSI's vision and goals.
2. Promotes human resources programs and services to create a
positive, efficient and conflict-free workplace.
3. Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee
relations issues including progressive discipline, performance
management and conflict resolution.
4. Ensures that all HR issues within the business line are
supported and resolved and engages appropriate subject matter
experts within the HR Service Center to accomplish (i.e.: Benefits,
Leave of Absences, and all other general day-to-day HR
5. Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing
applicable human resource federal and state requirements,
conducting investigations, maintaining records, and partnering with
outside counsel as needed.
6. Actively participates and leads various projects throughout the
business, and implements initiatives while simultaneously ensuring
proper communication and collaboration with business partners.
7. Provides guidance to HR Business Partner(s) and provides
oversight to ensure compliance with HR laws and regulations and
corporate polices, procedures and best practices.
8. Builds relationships with union representative(s) in order to
facilitate a collaborative working practice and to remain current
on union policies and procedures.
9. Analyzes and reports on HR metrics and trends and uses these
findings to develop strategies and make recommendations to enhance
10. Maintains detailed knowledge of the industry trends, best
practices, and labor legislation in order to remain in compliance
with external legislations.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.Qualifications:1.
Bachelor's Degree, with a concentration in Human Resources
Management, Business or related field.
2. Minimum of seven (7) years proven working experience as a Human
Resources Business Partner/Generalist, Employee Relations
Specialist or related human resource discipline.
3. SHRM-CP / SHRM-SCP highly desired, and willingness to obtain
within 24 months of hire.
4. Thorough understanding and working knowledge of applicable
federal and state labor and employment laws and regulations.
5. Exceptional customer focus with strong professional acumen.
6. Dedicated team player, highly organized, ability to take the
initiative and be independent.
7. Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage
8. Adept at developing and delivering trainings and presentations
in partnership with the Professional Development and Training
9. Excellent analytical skills.
10. Ability to maintain high level of professionalism and strict
11. Will be required to travel between locations and have an
on-site presence as appropriate even when position may be either
hybrid or fully remote.
12. Strong problem-solving skills and ability to exercise sound
judgement and discretion.
13. Proven and successful experience in influencing senior
management and division leaders into the adoption of ultimately
beneficial people management policies and procedures.
14. Exceptional communication skills, both in written and verbal
form in order to facilitate smooth and effective communication with
all levels in the organization.
15. Experience in a union environment a plus.
16. Solid understanding and comfort using technology, particularly
MS Suite (Word, Excel & PowerPoint), Zoom and HRIS systems, UKG
experience a plus.
Keywords: Brockton Area Multi-Services Inc., Brockton , Senior HR Business Partner, Human Resources , Brockton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!