Therapeutic Mentor (Bilingual)
Company: Gandara Mental Health Center
Posted on: December 4, 2019
Therapeutic Mentor (Bilingual)123-379
Therapeutic Mentor (Bilingual)
The Therapeutic Mentor (TM) provides youth under the age of 21 in
any setting (i.e. home, community etc.), structured, one-to-one,
strength-based support services for the purpose of addressing daily
living, social, and communication needs. Services are designed to
support age appropriate social functioning or ameliorate deficits
in the youth's age-appropriate social functioning. Therapeutic
Mentoring services include supporting, coaching, and training the
youth in age appropriate behaviors, interpersonal communication,
problem-solving and conflict resolution, and relating appropriately
to other children and adolescents, as well as adults. The TM
creates strategic activities in order to meet a pre-established
goal. Progress is documented and reported regularly to the youth's
current treatment providers.
- Direct time with youth engaged in activities in the home and
community that are designed to address one or more goals on the
youth's existing treatment plan, or ICP.
- Provide coaching, supporting, and training in order to ensure
the youth's success in navigating various social contexts, learning
new skills, and making functional progress.
- Maintains phone and face-to-face consultation with youth on a
regular basis (i.e. at least weekly and as often as
- Collaborate with other necessary individuals the youth and
family may have contact with, such as Case Managers, Probation
Officers, Judges, District Attorneys, Attorneys, Teachers,
- Attend IEP meetings, CPT meetings and any other meeting
necessary to achieve the stated goals and objectives.
- Ability to provide goal-oriented services.
- Ability to Work well as a team member.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative, creative, analytical and
decisive in problem solving.
- Demonstrated communications and organizational
- Awareness and sensitivity to contextual variables such as race,
culture, gender, sexuality, disability, economics and lived
- Submit detailed progress notes that follow federal, state, and
- Provides client with transportation for treatment related
Employee Type: Full Time
- Minimum Experience Required: 1 year
- Degree Required: Must possess a minimum of a high school
- Lived Experience a Plus
- Driver's License and proper auto insurance required.
- Retirement Plan 403(b)
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid vacations
- 11 paid holidays
- 8 discretionary days a year
- Discounts offered to your Verizon and/or Sprint plans
- Hiring Bonus up to $3,000!
G--ndara Center provides residential, mental health, substance
abuse and preventive services for children, adults and families
across the Pioneer Valley and eastern parts of Massachusetts.
Founded in the Hispanic community, we value cultural diversity and
strive to provide culturally competent, innovative services to a
Brockton, Massachusetts, United States
Keywords: Gandara Mental Health Center, Brockton , Therapeutic Mentor (Bilingual), Other , Brockton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!