At BAMSI, we depend upon the generosity of others to help us
carry out our work that benefits so many individuals and
Sign up for our newsletter for all the current news at
Vice President of Quality and Improvement Job Locations
Posted Date 3 days ago (8/12/2020 3:45 PM)
Job ID 2020-3372
# of Openings 1
Category Quality Management
Postal Code 02301
Overview General Statement of Duties:
Reporting directly to the President/CEO, the Vice President of
Quality and Improvement is responsible for the development and the
implementation of comprehensive plans and quality management system
that support the growth, image and strategic interests of BAMSI,
consistent with the organization's mission, vision, strategic and
operational goals. This position is responsible for ensuring full
compliance with all accreditation and licensure standards,
continuing quality improvement initiatives including compliance
with legal, and regulatory standards. The position will partner
with organizational leaders to promote a culture of excellence,
working cooperatively to enhance services and improve
1. Develop and maintain a comprehensive compliance and quality
management system throughout the organization, including assessment
of risk and recommendations for service improvement.
2. Establish and utilize an effective mechanism of communication
that provides ongoing feedback to Program Directors/Managers and
their supervisors regarding program conformance to agency standards
3. Oversee the agency’s Program Monitoring system assuring that
Program Reviews are conducted as stipulated by agency policy,
including recommended findings and corrective actions.
4. Develop and implement Risk Management protocols in
conjunction with senior leadership and assure ongoing assessment of
risk across the organization, including recommendations for
actions/activities to mitigate risk and assure organizational
5. Oversee internal investigations and monitor external
investigations as relates to service compliance and quality,
assuring integrity in the process, policy compliance, and follow up
regarding outcomes and recommendations.
6. Review critical incidents, evaluate trends and organizational
risk, and assure timely follow up and corrective actions when
needed, to assure service compliance, quality and improvement.
7. Obtain stakeholder input/feedback regarding organizational
performance through a variety of methods including at minimum
annual consumer and employee satisfaction surveys and on-line
8. Gather and utilize data from a variety of sources to inform
organizational decisions and risk management activities, providing
timely analysis of data, as requested. Identify trends, patterns,
and best practices, making recommendations to enhance service
9. Establish and oversee a Corporate Compliance program and work
with senior leadership to assure legal and regulatory compliance
across the organization, including funding source regulations,
licensing requirements, CARF standards and other contractual
10. Utilize technology to enhance work efforts, prepare reports,
and provide professional presentations, as needed/requested.
11. Work with Program Directors to establish outcome measures
and methodologies in conformance to licensing and funding source
requirements as well as CARF accreditation. Assist in data
gathering as needed and monitor outcomes to improve services to
12. Develop and maintain the agency’s Compliance and Quality
Plan, prepare the annual Outcomes Management Report, and assist in
the formulation and monitoring of the agency’s Strategic Plan.
13. Assist in the development and timely review of agency
policies and assure that policies are revised, approved, and posted
in conformance to established protocols.
14. Coordinate and oversee all activities of the Compliance and
Quality Committee and work collaboratively with the Compliance and
Quality Steering Group.
15. Knowledge of systems and resources within the organization
and support programs to access those as appropriate and needed.
16. Conduct manager orientation and training as requested in
areas related to compliance, quality and service improvements.
17. Serve as, (or delegate) the agency’s Quality Compliance
Officer, Privacy Officer, Risk Management Officer, Programmatic
Access Manager and HIPAA Agent (including HIPAA Compliance, Privacy
and Security Officer); maintain and promote services that meet
obligations in these areas.
18. Work with executive team, Board of Directors, civic/legal
representatives and business partners to positively promote agency
services and assure cooperative activities and follow through as
19. Participate in agency committees and work teams as required
including Clinical Review, Medical Risk, Safety Oversight and
others as assigned.
20. Represent BAMSI on a variety of external quality related
committees, advisory groups, improvement initiatives, etc. as
21. Perform duties consistent with program and agency policies
22. Execute duties to reflect reasonable safety standards.
Standard/Universal precautions must be utilized and training in
areas that constitute risk.
23. Perform other duties as assigned by CEO or designee.
24. Plan, organize, direct and coordinate departmental
compliance and quality program activities to help ensure that
practices, policies and procedures comply with State and Federal
law as well as BAMSI standards and ethics.
• Bachelor’s Degree in management or human services related
field required; Master’s Degree desired.
• A minimum of two years of experience in research, program or
systems management, that includes preparation of reports, analysis
of information and presentation of data in a completer and
• Demonstrated skill, and at least two years of experience, with
Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required and a
willingness to research and be trained in other applications as
• Demonstrated knowledge and direct experience of human service
programs, including familiarity with EOHHS regulations as pertains
to service delivery for a variety of populations.
• Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication
• Knowledge of statistical processes and measurement techniques
• Ability to think critically, formulate ideas and synthesize
information into objective and well formulated reports and
• Skill in working cooperatively and effectively with others to
achieve common goals.
• Skill in motivating and inspiring a team and leading by
• Experience in working with teams in a complex
• Highly collaborative team player who fosters open
communication and facilitates mutual understanding and cooperation
between all stakeholders
• Ability to adapt to changing demands, workflow and perform
under stressful situations in a calm manner with excellent
• Experience leading regulatory inspections/audits and
responding to inquiries.
• Strong commitment to working collaboratively with partners
across the company.
• Strategic leadership skills and big picture perspective, as
well as the ability to implement and execute.
• Strong project management skills and experience, including
managing multiple internal stakeholders and projects at once.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment.
Please refresh the page and try again later.