Relief- Taunton/Attleboro Area
Company: Venture Community Services Inc
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Description:Schedule: Minimum of 3 shifts per monthSalary: 13.17
- $13.61The Relief Staff reports to the Residential Logistics
Director and is responsible for the daily care, supervision and
safety of developmentally disabled individuals in the residential
and community settings.work a flexible schedule including, weekends
and holidays, and be reassigned from one program to another without
prior notice for emergency coverage. An opportunity to gain
experience working with varied settings and may lead to part / full
time employment opportunities. This position will be compensated on
an hourly basis.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor individuals for health and safety.
- Ensure and safeguard individuals' human dignity, rights, and
- Safely evacuate individuals in the event of fire or
- Ability to Communicate with the Residential Logistics Director
at least once every two weeks via phone or email to discuss
upcoming openings, give feedback on previous covered shifts,
schedule needed training and other concerns.
- Ability to remain on duty after scheduled hours if you have not
been relieved by oncoming staff.
- Ability to work a minimum of 3 shifts every month; if and when
shifts are available.
- Physically escort/restrain individuals during emergency
situations or behavioral episodes, to ensure safety of individuals
and program staff.
- Physically assist individual, as needed, in bathing and
personal hygiene tasks which may include lifts and support to
individuals with body weights of 150 - 250 pounds.
- Physically assist individuals in transfer and carries, both
ambulatory and non-ambulatory.
- Educate and train individuals in goals and objectives specified
in ISP and behavior plan.
- Educate and assist individuals with meal preparation.
- Educate, transport, accompany and provide supervision to
individuals in/to their place of worship.
- Maintain records and document daily data.
- Demonstrate a high regard for each person and sensitivity for
cultural values, expectations and goals of individuals, families,
staff and others.
- Display professional attitude and behavior, being courteous,
empathetic, helpful and positive in all interpersonal
- Work effectively and cooperatively with individuals, staff,
families, community members and others; presenting self and Venture
in a positive and professional manner.
- Focus on providing consumer satisfaction as primary goal;
regularly seeking feedback and input from persons served.
- Maintain confidentiality by discussing individual concerns only
with appropriate people in private settings.
- Be an active listener and utilize clear and direct
- Assist individuals to identify, develop and participate in a
variety of meaningful activities to increase functional
- Support individuals as appropriate, in making and expressing
choices, throughout their day; to include a total communication
- Assist individuals to build on their individual strengths and
- Identify and provide the support needed by individuals to
successfully become a part of the community and to participate with
in-house activities; according to each person's needs and
- Follow the learning style and implementation strategy as
outlined in each person's DHSP.
- Consistently incorporate individual's therapeutic goals into
daily activities etc.
- Document each person's progress towards DHSP objectives.
- Complete all necessary data sheets for the Physical,
Occupational, Speech and Behavioral Therapists.
- Complete incident reports as necessary; to include behavioral
- Assist individuals physically as necessary, including, but not
limited to: Using the restroom. Regularly lift and/or transfer/move
individuals in and out of wheelchairs, vehicles, up from and down
to a mat etc.
- Responsible for daily housekeeping and cleaning of residence to
include laundry, dishes, mopping, sweeping, snow shoveling.
- Able to work a flexible schedule based on programmatic
coverage, weekend, holidays, and program emergencies.
- Implement Agency policies and procedures as defined in the
Agency Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Maintain confidentiality and positive demeanor while
successfully juggling multiple priorities simultaneously.MARGINAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate and assist with planning of leisure time.
- Provide emergency coverage to include overnights and direct
- Handle related job duties in compliance with the Agency Policy
and Procedure Manual.PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Maintain First Aid, CPR & Safety Care certifications.
- Ability to work up to twelve hours at a time.
- Insure the program maintains the standards outlined in the
Department of Developmental Services, the agency Mission Statement,
the Survey and Certification Tool, as well as requirements of
Performance Based Objectives.
- Obtain and maintain certification in Applied Non-Violence,
Safety Care and PBS.
- Complete Agency Orientation requirements within 90 days of
- Will not engage in actions that jeopardize the care and safety
of individuals at any time.. Requirements:
- High School Degree or G.E.D.
- Must be 21+ years old, have a valid driver's license, daily use
of a car on site (preferred but not required) and be available by
telephone for daily contact.
Keywords: Venture Community Services Inc, Brockton , Relief- Taunton/Attleboro Area, Other , Brockton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!