Company: South Shore Health
Posted on: May 3, 2021
LOC0020 - 143 Longwater Norwell143 Longwater Drive Norwell, MA
Day (United States of America)
Provides professional nursing care for patients, following
established standards and practices. Duties include but are not
limited to rooming patients, taking necessary vital signs and
measurements, performing treatments and procedures as ordered by
the provider, administering medications and vaccines as ordered by
the provider and communicating with patients, providing counseling
- Book appointments as appropriate for patient's signs and
symptoms and as available with the provider.
- Give advice as outlined in the triage guidelines, standing
orders and provider protocols.
- Initiate telephone/refill encounters and route messages
regarding patient's condition to the appropriate provider.
- Provide follow-up care as needed; call patients or their
parents to assess progress and ensure understanding of provider
- Provide notification of test results and communicate treatment
- Document conversation with patients and providers in the
electronic medical record.
- Communicate with community agencies for continuity of patient
- Coordinate appointments at outside facilities as ordered by the
- Complete forms/letters in the electronic medical record.
- Room patients; open appropriate encounter from the provider
schedule; document chief
- complaint, vital signs and nursing notes in EMR.
- Complete nurse visits according to department standard.
- Complete assessment and prioritizes care as appropriate.
- Administer immunizations and/or medications according to
Nursing Workflow and documents in
- EMR. Abide by MDPH Immunization requirements for administering
and managing immunizations.
- Perform treatments and/or procedures in compliance with
- Monitor patients appropriately and report any changes to
- Provide patient-centered care and education to meet individual
- Participate in the SSMC flu clinic for a minimum of 2
- Participate in Weekend/Holiday Coverage
- Meet standard phone metrics for call wait time and abandonment
- Maintain universal precautions. Performs sterile technique as
- Assist in the orientation and training of new employees.
- Assume Charge Nurse Role as designated by Nurse
- Have knowledge of and adhere to the SSMC Mission Statement and
all SSMC policies and procedures.
- Abide by and promote all SSMC Service Standards
- Registered Nurse
1 weekend shift per month requirement
Responsibilities if Required:
Education if Required:
Registered Nurse - Board of Registration in Nursing
Keywords: South Shore Health, Brockton , Staff Nurse-RN, Other , Kingston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!