Under the direction of the Program Manager, The Brockton Upward
Bound Program seeks an educator to instruct a supplemental course
for our six week summer college preparation program, targeting high
school age students from Brockton High School. The instructor will
be responsible for implementing a dynamic and empowering six week
course at Stonehill College. Course content should be fun and
exciting allowing students to be engaged in project-based learning,
teamwork and incorporate a multicultural perspective. The
coursework and classroom environment must encourage and reward,
reflection, revision and improvement. We are looking for an
instructor in the following courses:
- Science: (Biology, Chemistry, Physics)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (e.g., in order to be considered to perform
this position, the person must be able to perform essential duties
and responsibilities listed below):
Enforces and abide by Upward Bound rules and regulations.
Prepares lessons and course syllabus.
Participates in orientation, weekly staff meetings and Parent
Day (closing ceremony).
Develops and supports a rigorous course of study.
Conducts diagnostic exams at the beginning, middle and end of
the summer program.
Assigns homework and/or class projects daily.
Records student attendance, behavior and grades.
Completes mid-term and final evaluation of student progress.
It is the responsibility of each associate at ASA to keep
current with and apply all relevant company policies, regulations
and laws impacting his/her area. This includes following standard
operating procedures and complying with data privacy. To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential function listed above satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made in certain circumstances to enable
individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential
Education and Experience:
- Experience with teaching, tutoring and/or student
- Minimum of two years teaching experience working with target
- Knowledge of programs serving underrepresented students and an
ability to work with disadvantaged students.
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
- Ability to work independently with diverse groups.
- Familiarity and comfort with subject area.
- Ability to assist others in understanding concepts.
- Strong ability to work as a team with multiple stakeholders
including school administrators, teachers, students, and parents,
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with target
- Demonstrated teaching philosophy and methods that encourage
- Demonstrated professionalism and maturity.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel,
PowerPoint or Publisher.
This position is paid by Stipend. The position start and end
date is 6/28/21 - 8/7/21. Please send resume to: Lecia L. Sligh via
email email@example.com or feel free to call 508-586-3155 for further