Accepting Applications for Academic Year 2020-2021
Provide clinical instruction to Daytime Respiratory Care
students at Franciscan Children's, Brighton MA
Responsibilities and Duties:
- The faculty member will work as a team member on the
Respiratory Care Faculty.
- Adhere to course descriptions and syllabi to ensure course
outcomes are met.
- Provide student instruction under direct supervision.
- Assess student learning outcomes.
- Assure satisfactory completion and validation of students
- Tend to Massasoit Community College email.
- Offer email accessibility to students.
- Attending department/division meetings depending on
- Submit student evaluations as scheduled.
- Will require travel to MCC campus for first 2 weeks and for
several clinical meetings/skills testing held at MCC during the
semester when permitted.
THIS POOL IS VALID THROUGH JUNE 30, 2021. APPLICANTS WISHING TO
REMAIN IN THE POOL MUST REAPPLY AND UPDATE THEIR INFORMATION
Adjunct Faculty are part time instructors hired on an as needed
basis. Positions may consist of day, night, or weekend positions
and may be in Brockton, Canton, Middleborough, or any other
Please note: Positions will be available pending sufficient
enrollment. Qualified applicants will be contacted by the academic
- Must be appropriately credentialed for the content area they
teach and knowledgeable in subject matter through training and
- Experience in pediatric critical care
- Must be a registered respiratory therapist.
- Hold a Massachusetts Respiratory Care License.
- Posses a current AARC membership.
- Bachelor's degree in respiratory therapy with 3 years of
clinical experience or an Associate degree in respiratory therapy
with a minimum of 5 years clinical experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of recent developments in respiratory therapy.
- Awareness of the sensitivity to educational goals of a
- An understanding of evidence based teaching strategies to
improve student learning with a wide range of instructional systems
development, tutoring methods, and techniques for student support
and success is critical for this applicant.
- BCLS & ACLS certifications
Position Status: MCCC/MTA position
Supervisor: Dean of Nursing and Allied Health
Semester: Academic Year Fall 2020 and Spring 2021
Hours: 2 days /week-Monday & Wednesday. 7.5 hours /day
Salary: $10,339.84 per semester - Part-time Non-Benefited.
Worksite: Assignments will include all Massasoit sites.
Deadline to Apply: Open until Filled
A cover letter, resume and a list of three professional
references are required, please apply online.
Please Note: Faxed, emailed, or mailed in resumes and/or
materials will NOT be accepted. Due to the high volume of
applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual
feedback on application statuses. Please refrain from contacting
the hiring manager and/or hiring department via phone, email, fax,
mail, third person party or vendor and in person. Failure to
comply, may result in application withdrawal.
Massasoit Community College is an affirmative action/equal
opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age,
veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual
orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX
of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with
Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of
1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other
applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits
sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or
complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or
sexual violence shall be referred to the Chief Diversity Officer &
Title IX Coordinator, Yolanda Dennis, Office of Diversity and
Inclusion, 508-588-9100, x1309, Brockton Campus, Administration
Building, Room 219, email@example.com, or the Associate
Dean of Students & Deputy Title IX Coordinator, Joseph DiMaria,
508-588-9100, x1417, Brockton Campus, Student Center, Room 208A,
firstname.lastname@example.org, the Massachusetts Commission Against
Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or
the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil