Respite Site Specialist - Mental Health/Stabilization
Posted on: June 6, 2021
24 Hours Schedule Friday-Sunday 7a-3p
Here at BAMSI, we recognize that our employees are our greatest
resource! Are you ready to make a difference? Become a BAMSI
The Respite Site Specialist will provide rehabilitation and
stabilization support services to persons with mental illness being
served at the Respite site in a manner that promotes growth,
independence and dignity.
BAMSI's Respite Services program delivers short term, clinical,
community based treatment services providing opportunities for
stabilization to adults with Mental Illness. These services are
provided to individuals either on-site while they reside at the
program, or in their current living situation. Components of the
program include assessment, crisis management, symptom management,
and medication education.
Must have a high school diploma or GED. Previous experience
working with individuals with mental health issues is preferred.
Must have a valid driver's license in state of residence and own
means of transportation. Must be willing to provide back-up
coverage as a Respite Community Specialist
BAMSI is a private, non-profit culturally diverse human services
organization providing services to adults and children with
developmental disabilities, mental illness, behavioral health, and
public health needs. We at BAMSI believe that those we serve are
capable of amazing things and deserve our best. We support them in
their journeys and celebrate their accomplishments along the
We strive to offer valuable benefits that promote a healthy
work/life balance and add value to our employees' lives. Our
comprehensive benefits include:
- Generous Time Off Package
- up to 4 weeks combined vacation, personal and cultural
- 11 paid holidays
- up to 2 weeks Sick Time
- Highly Specialized Paid Trainings including opportunity to earn
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Life, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 403B plan with discretionary match
- Wellness Activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career Development Opportunities
- Available benefits are based on position and scheduled
General Statement of Duties: To provide rehabilitation and
stabilization support services to persons being served on site in a
manner that promotes growth, independence and dignity. Provide
back-up to Respite Community Specialists as necessary.
- Following funder requirements and in adherence to all BAMSI
policies, provide site-based respite care by attending to the daily
needs of persons served in respite care on an individual basis in
order to foster increased independence and self-determination.
- Teach socialization skills and Activities of Daily Living
(ADL's), such as household maintenance, laundry, grocery shopping,
food preparation, medication management, money management, personal
care, exercise, transportation, problem solving skills, time
management, and safety/self preservation.
- Follow the Department of Public Health's (DPH) Medication
Administration Program (MAP) policies, which include: meeting
training requirements, medication administration, medication
security, and corresponding documentation.
- Supervise and document consumer self-administration of
medications as prescribed by a physician in accordance with agency
and program procedures.
- Facilitate opportunities for group and individual community
- Fulfill case management responsibilities as assigned by
supervisor, including those related to medical and legal
- Assist in the implementation of Individualized Action Plans
(IAP's) including implementation of behavioral
- Participate in meetings as required by supervisor.
- Transport individuals served to and from day programs, medical
appointments and other activities as required.
- Act as individuals' advocate and role model.
- Communication, Documentation & Teamwork
- Follow funder and agency protocol for reporting significant
incidents and alleged abuse and/or neglect.
- Record data by the conclusion of each shift. Documentation
requirements include: daily service notes, staff communication log,
financial audits, and medication records.
- Facilitate and document fire drills as instructed by the
program manager or designee.
- Ensure person served safety and compliance with program
standards for staff coverage, including assistance to the
Administrator-On-Call whenever possible.
- Maintain knowledge of ongoing respite site program issues and
developments as well as informing supervisor of respite site issues
- Communicate in a professional and respectful manner.
- Assist with training and orienting employees new to the
- Treat all individuals, employees, and visitors with respect and
- Attend and participate in scheduled staff meetings.
- Understand and utilize universal/standard precautions and
instructions on how to stay safe in areas that constitute
- Complete all other related work duties as needed or as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Previous experience working with individuals with mental health
- Ability to record data using a computer, enter time worked into
an electronic system and receive and send email required.
- A valid driver's license in state of residence and satisfactory
- Ability to speak and write English clearly and accurately in
order to k
Keywords: BAMSI, Brockton , Respite Site Specialist - Mental Health/Stabilization, Other , Brockton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!