Program Director Specialty Site (Mental Health- Intensive Behavioral)
Posted on: June 6, 2021
40 HOURS - Schedule: Mon - Fri
Here at BAMSI, we recognize that our employees are our greatest
resource! Are you ready to make a difference? Become a BAMSI
Program Directiors at BAMSI oversee, supervise and manage
program operations within the day habilitation program. BAMSI
offers nine Day Habilitation Centers located at pleasant and
friendly sites throughout Massachusetts. Each location is fully
handicap accessible and conveniently located near community
resources. Due to the range of individual needs of those attending
Day Habilitation Centers provide an array of services to ensure
that each person's unique needs and goals are met.
BAMSI is a private, non-profit culturally diverse human services
organization providing services to adults and children with
developmental disabilities, mental illness, behavioral health, and
public health needs. We at BAMSI believe that those we serve are
capable of amazing things and deserve our best. We support them in
their journeys and celebrate their accomplishments along the
We strive to offer valuable benefits that promote a healthy
work/life balance and add value to our employees' lives. Our
comprehensive benefits include:
- Generous Time Off Package
- Highly Specialized Paid Trainings
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Life, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 403B plan with discretionary match
- Wellness Activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career Development Opportunities
- Available benefits are based on position and scheduled
General Statement of Duties: To provide administrative and
clinical oversight of one Intensive Group Living Environment (GLE).
Provide on-call coverage to Direct Care staff through established
Utilize recovery principals in partnership with Persons and
members of the Intensive Group Living Environment (GLE) to improve
Persons' health and wellness; achieve symptom stabilization and
self-management; develop and/or restore skills impacted by their
mental illness; live a self-directed life; and, strive to reach
their full potential. Ensure that a culture of quality is
maintained by using evidence-based and other best practices within
the services being provided. Provide the staff and persons served
with a vision about the importance and inevitability of achieving
goals through the recovery process. Increase the level of
involvement and decision-making by persons served in their
treatment planning and in service delivery. Anticipate issues of
risk and attend to crisis or emergency situations by intervening
immediately with appropriate clinical/medical treatment and/or
supervision. Act as LPHA to all Persons Served within the GLE by
facilitating the comprehensive assessment process, and overseeing
the development, implementation, review and revision of the
treatment planning and service delivery process. Coordinate
treatment and services with all Persons' Served Care Coordination
Entities and behavioral and physical health providers. Oversee the
quality of clinical record systems related to program licensing
requirements. Work cooperatively with referral and collateral
sources to evaluate and coordinate the appropriate admission and
treatment of all Persons referred to the program. Collaboration and
networking with community and support teams to enhance treatment
plans. Promptly identify program areas of need and address them,
seeking assistance as needed. Ensure program coverage in accordance
with funding source standards, seeking assistance of supervisor as
needed. Provide administrative oversight to assigned Direct Care
employees. Maintain ongoing communication with supervisor and
attend meetings as required. Ensure a balance in division of time
between direct care and administrative duties as determined by
program need. Oversee physical plant maintenance by reporting
issues promptly, arranging for needed repairs, ensuring proper
housekeeping and interacting with landlord as required. Act as
advocate and role model to both individuals being served and staff.
Perform and/or ensure completion of all administrative duties,
- Recruit, interview and select for recommendation in hiring of
potential employees and complete required documentation in a timely
- Provide ongoing documented supervision, training and
professional development of staff.
- Complete first six month and annual job performance evaluations
on all program staff as required.
- Participate in policy development and ensure that program staff
adhere to agency policy and procedures.
- Monitor program expenditures in accordance with contract
- Ensure accurate accounting for all program monies according to
agency policy for grocery accounts, vehicle gas, petty cash, and
BAMSI credit card.
- Ensure ongoing program compliance with regulatory standards
such as BAMSI QM, DMH, DPH, and CARF.
- Forward appropriate personnel and business forms to the
administrative office in a timely manner.
Provide direct service as needed to:
- Ensure program participation in the treatment planning process,
including implementation of appropriate components of the treatment
- Develop and maintain liaisons with agency program and community
resources, including clinical, medical and vocational services as
well as education, recreation, communication and legal
- Organize and implement group and individual activities, which
serve to expand and normalize the lives of persons being served and
foster increased independence and community integration.
- Foster and maintain family/guardian contact.
- Keep up-to-date on persons served issues, assist in the
coordination of needed services, intervene to ensure consistency in
program planning and implementation including contact with outside
- Fulfill case management duties as needed, based on program
Supervise and document persons served self-administration of
medications as prescribed and in accordance with agency and program
procedures. If available, will respond to the program as needed in
an emergency situation. Execute duties to reflect reasonable safety
standards. Universal/standard precautions must be utilized and
training obtained in areas that constitute risk. Perform duties to
reflect agency policies and procedures. Perform other work related
duties as needed or as assigned by supervisor or designee.
- Must be a Licensed Practitioner of the Healing Arts (LPHA):
Registered Nurse, Licensed Psychologist, Licensed Independent
Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Registered
Occupational Therapist, Licensed Rehabilitation Counselor, or
Licensed Mental Health Counselor.
- Experience working with people who have been diagnosed with a
serious and persistent mental illness.
- Must have supervisory experience in a health or human service
- Ability to speak and write English clearly and accurately in
order to keep documentation up to date and understandable.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both ver
Keywords: BAMSI, Brockton , Program Director Specialty Site (Mental Health- Intensive Behavioral), Other , Brockton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!