Company: Ocean State Job Lot
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Under the direction of the Director of Store
Merchandising/Presentation and the Store Manager, the Field
Merchandiser performs a range of duties to meet the needs of home
base store, new/remodel locations or existing stores as directed.
Primary responsibilities include: merchandising of the front of the
store to company direction which would include the Power Lane, End
Caps, Tables and bulk positions as well as all designated yellow
space. Other duties include dismantling and setting of store
fixtures and merchandising assignments within the body of the store
as directed by the Director of Store Merchandising/Presentation or
Store Manager with corporate approval.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Protection of company assets
- Proper assembly of all fixtures and signing required for all
new and remodel stores.
- Assist in the processing and merchandising of warehouse
shipments to the sales floor.
- Implement the merchandise plan for new and remodel stores that
provide the space and adjacency needed for every merchandise
- Completion of merchandising assignments each day.
- Implementation of all plan-o-grams, plan-o-guides and visuals
- Support associate training in merchandising
- Uphold all safety and maintenance standards for the store
including the use of protective wear (gloves/sleeves) when case
- Participation in the merchandising of the entire store
- Understand and utilize reports (Top 40, Best Seller list, ad
battle plan etc.)
- Ensure all OSJL customers receive the best possible service on
the sales floor.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with store
associates, store management and Field Supervisors
Qualified applicant must be able to perform essential duties and
responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Qualified applicant must be able to set and operate a ticket gun,
cut case merchandise, lift merchandise weighing up to 35 pounds,
sign merchandise, display product on shelves and on the sales floor
up to a maximum of 8 feet, and climb up and down ladders. Qualified
applicant also must offer flexibility in scheduling to meet
business needs. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill and/or ability necessary to perform these
Training and experience:
Prior retail management experience in merchandising and
- Functions independently as well as in a team
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to
- Store fixture and equipment knowledge.
- Space planning skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with tight
- General knowledge of merchandising planning and
- Ability to arrange merchandise to create dynamic displays
- Must be able to speak and comprehend English. Secondary
language a plus
- Ability to travel using personal transportation
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance - If eligible
- Profit Participation
- Service Awards
- 401K plan - When eligible
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal, and Sick)
- Store 20% discount
Keywords: Ocean State Job Lot, Brockton , Field Merchandiser, Other , Kingston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!