NorthEast is a full-service electrical distributor to Electrical
Contractors, Industrial, OEM, Utility, and Institutional customers.
NorthEast Electrical has grown into one of the largest electrical
distributors in New England offering more than 30 convenient
locations. The company operates these strategically located
branches throughout the 6 New England States in order to make
exceptional customer service available to our customers.
NorthEast prides itself on its value-added service offerings and
its highly trained and knowledgeable staff. We have built a solid
and compelling foundation of product, distribution, and customer
relations. With one of the largest product offerings in New
England, superior logistics, shared resources and strong vendor
relations, NorthEast provides the highest level of customer
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits
package. Employment is contingent on a successful pre-employment
drug screen and background check.
This is an ideal position for someone looking to grow within a
reputable market leading company!
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid
Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible
Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance
Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and a definitive
This position is responsible for procurement of inventory
products (both stock and non-stock) for assigned vendors following
established company guidelines and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Experience in the decision process of procuring stock and
assigned non-stock material (in a non-manufacturer environment).
Ideally in a wholesale/distribution environment.
- Procurements should be made in an economic and timely fashion
to maximize customer service. Follow up through expediting and
close-out of initiated purchase orders.
- Coordinate with the Purchasing Manager to manage and maintain
an assigned inventory investment to within desired goals for turns
- Establish and maintain vendor files with all significant
details. Perform file maintenance to maintain current records.
- Develop and maintain business relationships with assigned
vendors and utilize those relationships to benefit Purchasing and
- Perform other related duties as required or requested by
- Experience in creating purchase orders
- Strong math, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work with various departments and negotiate
professionally with suppliers.
- Must be organized and able to multitask in a busy
- Thorough working knowledge and experience using Microsoft
- Vocational school or college level degree with an emphasis in
business or equivalent job experience.
- Minimum of two years in the purchasing/inventory control field