Estimator Standard Work Design, Gas
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work
You will be responsible for the development of gas project
Standard Program work packages. Standard Program work includes pipe
of 12" diameter or less, operating at 99 psig or less but is not
limited to: main and service replacement projects, effected cast
iron mains and encroachments, new business gas projects, new gas
services, and standard commercial/industrial meter sets.
Responsible for developing estimates for capital projects within
the Gas Organization.
- Identifies requirements and design specifications for new and
existing gas facilities.
- Performs site visits, conducts site surveys and documents
- Estimates costs of materials, labor, sub trades and equipment
for underground utility construction projects.
- Prepares project documents, and related work orders in the work
- Identifies and quantifies project risks and associated
risk/contingency cost impacts and clarifications
- Responsible for the timely redesigns of existing work packages
to support field changes when applicable.
- Participates in the development and updating of compatible
units used to support project estimating and design efforts in the
work management system.
- Evaluates opportunities to utilize alternative technology in
pursuit of cost reductions, increased productivity and reduced
- Prepares documents necessary for permitting and construction or
work with contract engineering firms to do so, as needed.
- As directed, supports contract specifications development, bid
preparation and bid evaluation.
- Evaluates and documents historical cost data for the
development of future estimates.
- Prepares and reviews final estimate packages to ensure accuracy
- Work includes analyzing, planning, organizing, evaluating, and
- Knowledge of Eversource Work Management and budget
- Knowledge of gas distribution operations including engineering,
construction, and maintenance practices, as well as Federal, State,
and company codes and regulations.
- Strong Computer skills MS Office (strong knowledge of Excel),
Visio, MS Project and CAD.
- Demonstrated ability to improve processes and create
- Understands gas pipeline systems, construction materials,
design and engineering concepts, and overall knowledge of
- Ability to read and understand contract documents, drawings,
- Excellent multitasking skills while managing multiple
- Bachelor's Degree in construction management, engineering or
related discipline OR equivalent experience
- Three (3) plus years of directly related experience.
Licenses & Certifications:
- ASPE, ICEAA, or AACE estimator certification preferred.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment which
involves sitting, standing and general movement throughout the
- Job can require drives to different geographic locations to
visit field sites or attend meetings as necessary.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Responding to emergency situations to meet customers' needs is
part of every employee's role. If employed, you will be given an
Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to
assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities,
work hours and location.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Communicate priorities and goals (company, department,
Manage and Develop People
- Set realistic performance objectives and expectations
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that everyone on the team understands our customer
promise and provides superior customer service
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability
status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Keywords: Eversource, Brockton , Estimator Standard Work Design, Gas, Other , Brockton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!