Direct Support Professional - Day Program
Company: Seven Hills Foundation
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Are you looking to make a difference and promote healthy and
happy lives? Do you have a passion for working with individuals
with disabilities and significant life challenges helping them to
achieve their fullest potential? If so, consider joining us here at
Seven Hills Rhode Island where our CORE VALUES include Respect &
Kindness, Integrity, Teamwork, Innovation, and Service to
Direct Support Professionals provide challenging, meaningful
activities that promote personal growth to adults with varying
disabilities attending the Day Program. The program provides an
environment that is person centered and reflects the needs,
interests, abilities, and desires of the participants.
Benefits for Full-time employees:
- Health and Dental Insurance: With generous company
- Generous Accrued Paid Vacation
- Vacation Cash-Out Option
- Paid Personal Days, Holidays and Sick Time
- Enhanced Retirement Plan: With Employer match.
- Student Loan Assistance: Consolidation, counseling, & limited
- Tuition Assistance: Reimbursed or prepaid college
- Home Mortgage Initiative: Favorable down payment (3-5%),
reduced closing costs co-paid by Seven Hills.
- Benefits are based on position and scheduled hours.
Direct Support Professionals provide therapeutically based
skills training in functional life skills, vocational,
self-direction, community utilization, socialization, and
communication. In this role you will offer opportunities for
choice, initiation, and risk taking while capitalizing on each
persons' capabilities, strengths, and preferences. Direct Support
Professionals may provide transportation and accompany individuals
on community outings and volunteering assignments, using personal
and agency vehicles. Assistance with personal care may also be
required while promoting independence. This position works within a
multidisciplinary team following all support plans and is
responsible for accurate documentation.
Direct Support Staff are provided a paid New Employee
Orientation and receive training on CPR/First Aid, Safety Care,
Defensive Driving, and Medication Administration. Comprehensive
program-specific training at the work site is also provided.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid Driver's License & Good Driving Record
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Physical demands: sitting, pushing, pulling, carrying,
grasping, speaking, listening, stooping, crouching, bending,
standing, twisting, crawling, walking, and climbing. Requires a
normal degree of flexibility; ability to walk, run or shuffle,
kneel on one or two knees and then stand up; to utilize upper and
lower body strength within weight restrictions; may be required to
lift up to fifty (50) pounds or more with assistance.
- Commitment to assisting people with varying disabilities to
participate fully in their community and in their own lives.
- Varied interests and personal connections in the local
- Ability to work as a creative, engaged, dedicated member of
You can also see an overview of the amazing work our
organization does with this video:
The mission of Seven Hills Foundation is to promote and
encourage the empowerment of people with significant challenges so
that each may pursue their highest possible degree of personal
well-being and independence.
Keywords: Seven Hills Foundation, Brockton , Direct Support Professional - Day Program, Other , Carver, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!