Community Employment Specialist (BES)
Posted on: June 12, 2021
BAMSI. Essential employees doing exceptional work.
Community Employment Specialists at BAMSI's Brockton Employment
Services provide necessary support to enable individuals with
developmental disabilities to acquire and maintain community based
employment in business and industry. Support provided includes job
development, providing one-to-one training to clients as well as
ongoing supervision to ensure acquisition of job related skills and
responsibilities and facilitating and developing positive relations
between the consumer, the consumers coworkers and employer
Brockton Employment Services assists individuals with
developmental and intellectual disabilities to secure
community-based employment designed to meet their interests,
skills, and abilities
Must have a high school diploma or GED with at least 2 years of
work or life experience providing services to individuals with
disabilities. A valid driver's license in state of residence and
own means of transportation is required.
BAMSI is a private, non-profit culturally diverse human services
organization providing services to adults and children with
developmental disabilities, mental illness, behavioral health, and
public health needs. We at BAMSI believe that those we serve are
capable of amazing things and deserve our best. We support them in
their journeys and celebrate their accomplishments along the
We strive to offer valuable benefits that promote a healthy
work/life balance and add value to our employees' lives. Our
comprehensive benefits include:
- Generous Time Off Package
- up to 4 weeks combined vacation, personal and cultural
- 11 paid holidays
- up to 2 weeks Sick Time
- Highly Specialized Paid Trainings including opportunity to earn
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Life, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 403B plan with discretionary match
- Wellness Activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career Development Opportunities
- Available benefits are based on position and scheduled
- Identify job sites and negotiate with companies for Supported
- In consultation with the Program Manager, match individuals
served with appropriate job opportunities.
- Attend trainings related to supporting persons with
developmental disabilities and/or acquired brain injuries.
- Assess and enhance current curriculum; design, and develop new
curriculum focusing on developing vocational skills, drivers' and
- Incorporate teaching methodologies which address kinesthetic
and hands on learning styles.
- Create a safe learning environment and utilize positive
reinforcement to motivate clients to learn.
- Track attendance, competencies acquired by clients and
effectiveness of courses using Brockton Employment Services
database and evaluation tools.
- Provide one-to-one supports to individuals to meet any
challenges, including emergency procedures as required.
- Provide ongoing consumer training and supervision as required
to ensure all needed skills are acquired in order to successfully
- Participate in developmental task analyses.
- Develop and implement work components of behavior management
programs and ISP's.
- Provide vocational training when employer assigns new tasks to
a consumer and info9rm supervision of these changes as they
- Assist individuals in maintaining quality job performance,
consistent with employer expectations.
- Maintain quality standards of employers by modeling appropriate
adherence to policies and procedures of companies.
- Work closely and cooperatively with company managers and/or
- Follow policies and procedures of specific companies.
- Participate in individual evaluations and monthly progress
updates as assigned.
- Facilitate opportunities for individuals' integration and use
of natural supports.
- Provide appropriate assistance to ensure the safety and
mobility of individuals at their jobs.
- Intervene in crisis situations as needed or assigned.
- Promptly identify the need for resources to address behavior
modification techniques and implementation strategies in
conjunction with the community business to ensure needed supports
are in place
- Maintain complete and current records according to BAMSI,
funder and employer policies.
- Collect new data as assigned.
Coordination of efforts within Employment Services:
- Participate in scheduled meetings and trainings.
- Attend staff meetings as required.
- Attend Individual Support Plan meetings as assigned.
- Share client information in a timely fashion with the BES team
so that services can be coordinated and effective.
Execute duties to reflect reasonable safety standards.
Universal/standard precautions must be utilized and training
obtained in areas that constitute risk. Perform duties consistent
with agency/program policies and procedures. Perform other related
work duties as needed or as assigned by supervisor or designee.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- At least two years of life or work experience providing
services to individuals with disabilities.
- Basic computer literacy, including the ability to record data,
use electronic time and attendance software and receive and send
electronic mail, as needed and required.
- A valid driver's license in state of residence and own means of
transportation (appropriately registered and insured) is required
to travel and transport training materials to occasional off site
- A demonstrated ability to make appropriate, accurate judgments
including handling of emergency situations, and the mental and
physical ability to successfully perform job duties and
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in
writing with persons served, families, service providers and case
- Demonstrated ability to set limits, to solve problems
independently, and to appropriately protect confidential
- Demonstrated ability to monitor and report on a participant's
progress, challenges and status verbally or in writing as
- Demonstrated ability to interpret vocational rehabilitation
evaluations and individual service plans and to conduct situational
- Demonstrated understanding of the employment rights of
individuals with disabilities
- Demonstrated ability to market and outreach to employers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Assistive Technology regarding Job
- Demonstrated ability to conduct On the Job Task Analysis and
provide positive reinforcement and On the Job employment
- Ability to stand and/or sit for extended periods and to move
equipment and supplies (up to 30 pounds) from floor level to
approximately four feet above fl
Keywords: BAMSI, Brockton , Community Employment Specialist (BES), Other , Brockton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!