Company: Roche Bros
Posted on: June 12, 2021
To process and stock quality merchandise on shelves and displays
in a careful, clean, neat, and expedient manner. Ensuring that a
variety of product is fresh and appealingly displayed for our
customers while maintaining great customer service.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Ability to work at multiple store locations as needed.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English,
with the ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work a schedule based on the business needs of the
- Authorized to work within the U.S.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be
supplemented as necessary by the company.
- Commit to the "Golden Rule" and work with other associates to
build a strong produce team.
- Greet, assist and thank customers in a prompt, courteous and
- Achieve the highest associate morale in the industry by working
in a style that is Respectful, Supportive and Totally Team Oriented
- Be knowledgeable and able to differentiate between all of the
various types of produce merchandise including taste, preparation
method or use, and price differences between varieties of similar
classes of products (i.e., types of apples, potatoes, etc.).
- Offer product suggestions.
- Stock product and displays ensuring proper grading, rotating,
crisping, trimming, wrapping, watering, and company sanitation
practices are followed in in accordance with company policy and
product code dates. Make use of the oldest products first (first
in, first out).
- Fill and build displays; make sure product is priced
- Assist in checking and verifying produce department receiving
- Receive, unload, and put away daily loads from delivery and
store product in designated area to protect product quality.
- Observe all store rules and company policies, along with shift
operating hours at all times as schedules or assigned by produce
- Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times
and observe company dress code.
- Practice the "Cleaner's Creed" and proper sanitation
- Process merchandise according to production guidelines and
handle damaged and spoiled products according to company policy and
assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Keep back room, cooler, freezer, fans, drains, and display
cases organized and clean. Along with monitoring the correct
temperature and reporting refrigeration failure immediately to
- Keep work area swept clean, orderly and free from safety
hazards; report any hazards immediately to management.
- Exercise safe practices when lifting or moving product, along
with cleaning department equipment and tools.
Secondary Job Functions:
- Occasional calls to the front end to help bag at busy
- Restock and use supply items efficiently to eliminate waste and
to maintain the lowest supply cost.
- Notify management of associate theft, customer shoplifting,
unauthorized mark downs or property defacement.
- Successful completion of the onboarding/e-learnings and
checklist within 30 days of hire/entering the department.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Physical Demands: (per work day)
The physical demands and safety risk factors of the job listed
below may occur during each work shift and are listed according to
0% (N) Never
Sitting, balancing, stooping, kneeling, climbing up to 8 feet,
1-33% (O) Occasionally
Carrying and lifting up to 50 lbs, pushing and pulling up to 250
lbs, bending, and reaching at waist or overhead.
34-66% (F) Frequently
Standing and walking on a title or concrete floor, handling,
fingering, feeling, talking, seeing, smelling, and hearing.
67-100% (C) Continuously
Safety Risk Factors
Loud noise, slippery or crowded floor surface, hazardous
equipment (mechanical moving parts), contact with skin irritant,
toxic exposure (see material safety data sheet), nuisance dust,
fumes, sprays, and hazardous cleaning solutions.
1-33% (O) Occasionally
Twisting of back and neck and contact with sharp objects.
34-66% (F) Frequently
Machines, tools, and equipment utilized:
Wrapper, scale, pineapple core machine, pallet jack, pressure
washer, crate opener, pricing gun; must be 18 year of age to use
the following: knives, case cutter, power jack, trash compactor
Continuous movement of entire body.
Working Conditions: Working environment is inside and within
Keywords: Roche Bros, Brockton , Produce Clerk, Other , Duxbury, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!