Site Medical Director
Posted on: September 11, 2021
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
Our Medical Director is responsible for the clinical elements of
the entire program, including professional duties, and provides
direct care to patients and consultation to professional staff.
This position is full time 40 hours a week with a background in
Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine or Family Medicine.
- Graduate of an Accredited Medical School. Successful completion
of a Post-graduate training program in a Primary Care discipline
(Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, etc.).
- Seven (7) years professional experience providing primary care
to persons with two (2) years at the administrative clinical level,
assistant director or its equivalent.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret scientific and
technical concepts and applications, financial reports, and legal
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Must be able to communicate with employees at all levels of the
- Must be able to act as a competent liaison between the
organization and the community
- Active and unencumbered license to practice medicine in
Massachusetts. Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Family
Practice, Surgery, Preventive Medicine, or Emergency Medicine.
- Provides clinical oversight to the facility medical program, as
defined by the NCCHC and ACA standards and policies and procedures
for admission, transfer, and utilization review process.
- Supervises care given by other professional or non-professional
personnel providing instructions as needed.
- Maintains proficiency in evidence-based practices germane to
his/her clinical specialty and general familiarity with current
medical practices germane to the program.
- Supervises the continuous quality improvement program,
including patient grievances, sanitation, infection control,
utilization management, pharmacy and therapeutics and assists in
development of appropriate criteria.
- Serves as member of the Continuous Quality Improvement
Committee making recommendations to improve patient outcomes.
- Reviews and approves the treatment protocols and clinical
policies and procedures.
- Serves as liaison with health care providers in the
- Works with the Health Services Administrator to identify
problems and to recommend solutions to improve patient
- Assist the Health Services Administrator to monitor pharmacy
services including formulary compliance, prescribing patterns and
dispensing of medication.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Keywords: Wellpath, Brockton , Site Medical Director, Other , Bridgewater, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!