Posted on: October 8, 2021
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
Our Clinical Director provides overall direction of mental health
services provided to patients at the facility. Provides clinical
supervision and administrative direction to mental health
professionals and clerical support staff as well as provide
professional training and experience. Maintains effective
communication with Department of Corrections and accountability for
clinical services performed by staff by ensuring appropriate
documentation of services provided through coordination of the
Quality Improvement programs.
- One (1) or more years experience providing psychiatric services
in an adult facility or providing mental health services in a
- Significant professional experience in mental health that
indicates knowledge of management/supervision techniques
- Physician licensed to practice medicine in the state by the
Board of Healing Art that is board certified in psychiatry or a
license in the state to practice psychology by the Behavioral
Sciences Regulatory Board
- Current CPR Certification
- Responsible to plan, supervise, and coordinate the efforts of
mental health services' staff at the institutional level as
directed by the Regional Mental Health Director and the Health
- Responsible for the clinical supervision and direction,
professional education, and staff development of mental health
professionals at the facility and for training of other facility
staff regarding mental health issues.
- Responsible to provide clinical and consultation services in
accordance with the policies and procedures and regulations of the
institution and the Department of Corrections, and in accordance
with the ethics and standards of the relevant professional
association, National Commission on Correctional Health Care, and
the American Correctional Association.
- Responsible to provide oversight of the Quality Improvement
program for mental health services at the facility.
- Responsible to represent the interests of Mental Health
Services at facility under the direction of the Regional Mental
Health Director in order to facilitate cooperation in the delivery
of mental health services.
- Responsible to perform clinical services commensurate with the
Clinical Director's education and experience.
- Provision of overall clinical supervision and direction to
mental health professionals at the facility, ensuring that relevant
ethical and professional standards of care are met. Supervision
needs can be met through individual and small group supervision,
consultation, case presentations, or other forms of peer
- Assigns specific duties and clinical responsibilities to mental
health staff in accordance with their position description,
education and training. Notifies Regional Mental Health Director
staff's inability to perform such duties and responsibilities in a
competent, ethical and professional manner.
- Direct and supervise all mental health treatment planning for
patients. Approve patient mental health treatment plans developed
by other mental health services staff. Coordinate case planning
meetings and unit treatment team meetings. Coordinate mental health
treatment planning with other treatment programs at facility.
- Provide clinical review and oversight of Activity Therapy
program at facility as well as clinical supervision of the Activity
- Provide oversight of mental health services staff's
documentation in the mental health record of clinical services
provided to patients. Oversight includes periodic chart reviews and
in-service to staff on aspects of documentation of mental health
- Coordinate the provision of in-service opportunities to mental
health services staff to ensure compliance with professional
education requirements and professional standards. Maintain
documentation of in-service received by staff.
- Under direction of the Regional Mental Health Director, develop
and implement goals and objectives for clinical services. Develop
and refine facility policies and procedures to ensure that these
meet not only recognized standards, but also the institution's
- Aid Health Services Administrator in staff selection and
- Provide supervision of clerical support staff to ensure that
the mental health files and departmental files are maintained
- Provide direct clinical services duties as outlined in the
position description of the field directly related to the Clinical
Director's education and experience (e.g., Staff Psychiatrist) as
needed to meet institutional mental health service
- Provide a system of 24-hour crisis intervention services.
Immediately notify the Regional Mental Health Director of any
instances of serious suicide attempts, completed suicides, use of
therapeutic restraints, or use of forced medications. Review any
inadequacies with crisis intervention services and implement
corrective steps as needed.
- Provide timely notification to the Regional Mental Health
Director of clinical concerns which may impact an individual
patient or the Mental Health Services program.
- Coordinate training of facility staff, including security,
regarding mental health issues.
- As provided by Policy and Procedure and as directed by the
Mental Health Services Director, review transfers for
appropriateness and clinical necessity, and inform Regional Mental
Health Director of pending transfers.
- Responsible to assure provision of evaluations as requested by
the Department of Corrections administrative staff, Parole Board or
other appropriate agencies. Evaluations are to be completed in a
timely, professional manner and include the administration and
interpretation of psychological assessment techniques when
appropriate and within the scope of staff member's education and
- Coordinate Quality Improvement program, including dissemination
of monthly screens, review of completed screens, and development of
corrective action plans for areas in which improvement is
- Compliance with employee standards of DOC. Compliance includes,
but is not limited to, the maintenance of a working environment and
personal appearance consistent with professional responsibilities,
development of harmonious working relationships, and timely
notification of supervisory personnel of absences from
- May be required to arrange and/or participate in a system of
24-hour crisis intervention services. Immediately notify the The
Company Supervisor of any instances of suicide attempts, completed
suicides, use of therapeutic restraints, or use of forced
medications. Review any inadequacies with crisis intervention
services and implement corrective steps as needed.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Keywords: Wellpath, Brockton , Clinical Director, Other , Bridgewater, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!