Posted on: October 10, 2021
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
Our Nursing Manager is responsible for the direct clinical and
administrative oversight of the assigned unit(s). Provides
supervision of nursing staff for the provision of a nursing process
that assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates a comprehensive
nursing care plan. Participates in staff development and
performance improvement activities as assigned. Initiates,
participates and fosters interdisciplinary team to facilitate the
best patient experience and positive clinical outcome.
Education for Nurse Manager:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university
Experience for Nurse Manager:
- A minimum of three (3) years' experience as a staff Registered
Nurse in a psychiatric setting is required, with an additional two
(2) to three (3) years' leadership experience preferred.
- Regulatory agency knowledge of Joint Commission and other
agencies overseeing BSH, and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid
(CMS) experience preferred.
Licenses/Certifications for Nurse Manager:
- Must hold a current License as a Registered Nurse in the state
- Specialty certification preferred.
- Must be CPR certified at the time of commencing
- Plans, coordinates, and supervises the delivery of nursing care
by licensed nurses and residential treatment assistants for
assigned units. Assigns responsibilities to nursing staff,
supervises their documentation within the medical record, and
oversees the therapeutic environment of the units.
- Monitors staffing and scheduling, manages human resources and
materials, and communicates and collaborates with other
departments, facilities, patients, their families, or
- Provides direct supervision and directs service delivery at the
unit level. Motivates staff, guides problem identification and
solving, and facilitates constructive resolution of conflict.
Demonstrates knowledge of standards, regulatory agency
requirements, and recovery planning. Conducts unit staff meetings
with a staff training component.
- Evaluates staff on assigned unit utilizing performance
evaluation tools. Generates reports relating to delivery of
healthcare. Collects data and formulates analyses and action
- Monitors, reports, and assists with resolution of safety
- Continues professional development through in-service
education, workshops, conferences and self-study necessary to
maintain current knowledge applicable to the position. Complies
with Human Resources requirements.
- Is sensitive to cultural diversity issues, treats patient as an
individual, and considers the culture of the patient when providing
care and treatment.
- Is knowledgeable about care and treatment needs of patients of
- Provides individualized care and treatment that is consistent
with/sensitive to the age and life span developmental needs of each
- Takes assertive action to build internal and external customer
- Promotes multidisciplinary team work, communication and
- Initiates and responds to change positively, recommends
creative solutions for improving organizational outcomes.
- Submits clear and concise reports in a timely manner.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Keywords: Wellpath, Brockton , Nurse Manager, Other , Bridgewater, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!