Recovery Treatment Assistant
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"OverviewOur Recovery Treatment
Assistant (RTA) provides medical and mental health care services,
including patient supervision and patient care services required by
G.L. c. 123, - 21 and 103 DOC 651. The RTA works under the
supervision of the Registered Nurse (RN), the Chief Nursing
Officer, and the Chief of Social Work to provide appropriate
documentation requirements, and effective input into clinical
pathways and treatment planning.QualificationsEducation:
- High school Diploma, GED or equivalent.Experience:
- Experience in mental/behavioral health Setting: One (1)
- Prior experience in other medical and/or secute healthcare
setting may also be considered.Licenses/Certifications:
- CPR Certification required prior to providing direct
- The Recovery Treatment Assistant provides therapeutic care,
monitors patients' conditions, assists patients in daily activities
and ensures a safe, clean environment. Facilitates unit activities,
recreation, crisis management, and nutritional tracking.
- Assists licensed nursing staff in providing direct services to
assigned population including health data collection; observations
of behaviors and activities of daily living; assistance with
activities of daily living including prompting, education and
support; specific assignments such as face checks, unit monitoring,
one to one's, overall supervision of patients, groups and other
direct care duties as assigned.
- Acts as a Specially Trained Observer who understands, assists,
observes and engages with patients in seclusion or restraint per
103 DOC 651 policy.
- Oversees the whereabouts of patients, assists the patients at
mealtimes, assists with transportation and documents and
communicates patient-related matters promptly and accurately.
Observes patients, listens to their concerns, records observations
and report to the behavioral health professionals about any unusual
- Demonstrates basic knowledge regarding therapeutic
communication and the goals of recovery and trauma informed care.
Understands the hospital's recovery based patients mission, vision
and values and how these guide treatment and care at the
- Maintain the confidentiality of client information in
accordance with The Company policy and procedure, state law, and
the standards of the Joint Commission.
- Continues personal development through in-service education,
workshops, and self-study necessary to maintain current knowledge
applicable to the position. Compliance in all mandatory Human
- Demonstrates sensitivity to cultural diversity issues and
considers the culture of the patients when providing individualized
care and treatment.
- Maintains informed about care and treatment needs of patients
of different ages. Provides individualized care and treatment that
is consistent with/sensitive to the age and life span developmental
needs of each patients.
- Completes relevant clinical documentation in the health record
regarding the patient's participation in the recovery plan,
including treatment and care.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Wellpath is an
Keywords: Wellpath, Brockton , Recovery Treatment Assistant, Other , Bridgewater, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!