Company: Merrimack Valley Credit Union
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job Description FUNCTIONAL SUMMARY: Provides members with a wide
variety of services and information relating to Credit Union
products and services in a professional manner. Responsible for
executing the daily sales and servicing of members including
monetary transactions, new accounts, loans, and other CU products
and services, ensuring adherence to Credit Union policies and
- Processes a wide variety of transactions for members including,
but not limited to: deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, payroll
adjustments, bank checks, gift cards, VISA cash advances, IRA
deposits/withdrawals in accordance with established Credit Union
policies and procedures.
- Consistently develops potential new business by uncovering
clues and needs during interactions with members, presenting the
benefits of those products/services and referring the member to the
appropriate CU partner for fulfillment. Provides the highest
quality member service by listening, communicating, and referring
members to appropriate personnel as necessary to meet quarterly
- Uses sound judgment and interpersonal skills to effectively
- Interacts with members and staff on a daily basis in a prompt,
effective and professional manner.
- Balances cash drawer and makes settlement of the day's
activities in accordance with Credit Union policies and
- Ensures that cash limits are consistently followed as per
established Credit Union procedures, cash is kept secure at all
times and locked in the vault each night.
- Assists members with accessing their safe deposit boxes.
- Answers telephones, provides information and/or directs caller
to appropriate department/employee.
- Assists in opening the night depository and logs deposits as
- Participates in balancing ATM, under dual control, as
- Adheres to all aspects of the Credit Union Bank Secrecy Act
policy and procedures.
- Fills in at other branches as requested.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Six months teller or cash handling experience preferred.
- Basic math skills; familiarity with keyboard/personal computer;
customer/member service skills; effective written and verbal
communication/interpersonal skills and data entry skills
- Strong desire to work with the general public.
- Flexibility of work hours and proven reliability/dependability
Keywords: Merrimack Valley Credit Union, Brockton , Teller I, Other , Bridgewater, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!