Food Services Assistant
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
Our Food Service Assistant works as a team member in the hospital's
kitchen and to serve quality meals to the patients and staff.
$750 Sign On Bonus Apply Today
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Experience in food service is desired
- None required.
- Completes production records and temperatures for foods.
Production records are filled out for each meal and all food is
accounted for each shift. Ensures all special dietary needs are met
according to the menu. Ensures temperatures are logged for each
food item before leaving the main kitchen, and proper temperatures
are met and maintained to HACCP standards.
- Cleans kitchen equipment. Follows weekly cleaning schedule for
all equipment and ensures equipment is in proper working order.
Reports any equipment repairs immediately to the Food Service
- Ensures food is not left at improper temperatures, prevents
cross contamination of foods, and ensures a safe environment for
the patients and staff. Has completed HACCP workbook and passed
successfully. Follows assigned diets per the menu and patients diet
- Follows proper sanitation practices such as daily cleaning and
proper storage. Ensures that temperature sheets are completed
daily, and empty boxes and trash are removed throughout shift.
Also, follows the clean-as-you-go practice and is evident when
kitchen is inspected.
- Meets the local Health Department standards on personal hygiene
(grooming) and adheres to the infection control policy on
- Is sensitive to cultural diversity issues, treats patients as
an individual, and considers the culture of the patients when
providing care and treatment.
- Is knowledgeable about care and treatment needs of patients of
different ages. Provides individualized care and treatment that is
consistent with/sensitive to the age and life span developmental
needs of each patient.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability
Keywords: Wellpath, Brockton , Food Services Assistant, Other , Bridgewater, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!