Posted on: November 17, 2022
Food Safety / Quality Assurance Specialist
The Quality Assurance & Food Safety Specialist is responsible for
leading food safety and quality programs. -This position reports to
the Sr. Corporate Quality Assurance Manager.
- Responsible for the ongoing development, implementation and
management of all aspects of the food quality program. Includes,
but not limited to, maintaining SOPs (Standard Operating
Procedures), SSOPs (Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures) and
product specification for all product lines.
- Assist in the implementation of process evaluation and trend
analysis of regarding food quality and food safety.
- Responsible as lead role for regulatory, customer and 3rd party
- Management of sanitation related tasks including management and
supervision of cleaning personnel, working with chemical suppliers,
controlling chemical usage, and in general ensuring that the
facility and equipment are safe from potential food safety
- Responsible for review of HACCP program (data entry, document
reviewing, filing, CCP monitoring records, procedure development,
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and food
safety standards issued by FDA and other federal, state, and local
agencies involved with food safety activities.
- Maintain up-to-date records for compliance with federal, state,
- Champion ongoing employee training activities designed to keep
employees knowledgeable and informed of SOPs, SSOP's, methods, and
Good Manufacturing Procedures according to program needs.
- Ensures that standards for personal hygiene are met and
implements corrective actions where needed.
- Maintain environmental and finished product testing program
including ongoing laboratory testing of environment, raw materials
and finished goods.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in the Food Sciences or with Associate
Degree and direct related experience (5 years) will be
- Supervisory experience in a lead Quality Assurance or Food
Safety role is preferred but not required.
- HACCP or PCQI Certified.
- Seafood HACCP Certified preferred, not required.
- GFSI experience (SQF, BRC) preferred. -
Additional Skills & Abilities:
- Quality driven.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - MS Word, Excel, &
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to work on
multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work and communicate well with others.
- Ability to work with production departments and to perform
light physical work when necessary.
- Commitment to the objectives of the organization.
Keywords: StarrTrax, Brockton , FSQA Specialist, Other , Brockton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!