Residential Support - Growthways - Belmont Street - Full-time
Company: Bay Cove Human Services
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Residential Support - Growthways - Belmont Street -
Belmont St., 803 Belmont St., Brockton, Massachusetts, United
States of America
Wednesday, November 1, 2023
Department: Developmental Services - Growthways
Reports to: Program Director (House Manager)
Schedule: 38 Hours Position (see schedule below)
Wednesday 9:00 pm to 8:30 am Thursday
Thursday 11:00 pm to 8:30 am Friday
Friday 3:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Saturday 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Job Summary: Your position as a residential support staff will be
providing direct care services to adults with developmental
disabilities in a manner that promotes the development of
independent and community living skills and an improved quality of
This is a non-exempt position.
Essential Functions of Position:
* Strict adherence to program model including clinical,
programmatic and quality protocols (for example, house, staff,
supervision meetings, trainings, data collection, community
relationships, as required).
* Exercises strong clinical judgement in observing, supporting,
resourcing and communicating.
* Teaches and reinforces activities of daily living and household
duties (such as medication management, hygiene, cleaning, meal
preparation, personal property management, relationship
development, budgeting, and safety).
* Implements and develops program activities to reinforce and
develop skills which may include using the teachable moment. Help
maintain a consistent daily routine, actively engage individuals in
challenging activities throughout the day. Provides effective
instruction when teaching skills, assesses individuals' mastery of
skill being taught.
* Follows and implements all program safety procedures including
crisis assessment, prevention and needed intervention.
* Accompanies individuals to medical, dental and psychiatric
appointments or leisure activities via public transportation or
agency vehicle. Ensure required documentation is completed for the
appointment and accurately report relevant information to medical
* Maintains programmatic documentation. Complete documentation
daily to include accurate and timely completion of Daily Progress
Notes, Communication Log Notes, medical, behavioral & I.S.P. data,
document progress on data sheets
* Performs household and property maintenance tasks toward the
general upkeep of the residence. Make sure that the home and
program vehicle are clean, provides a safe environment.
* Provides specialized training and instruction to individuals and
coworkers (such as in the role of Medication Officer, Human Rights
Officer, Van Officer, Safety Officer or Activities Coordinator) on
an assigned basis.
* Performs other duties and projects as assigned by supervising
* Handle financial transactions and document receipts for cash and
* Report all critical information accurately and in a timely manner
to supervisor and/or Administrator on Call. i.e. safety issues,
building or vehicle maintenance problems, incidents, policy
violations and significant events.
* Work to build and maintain positive interactions with the
families and friends of all individuals.
* Attend a monthly staff meeting and provide input at all staff
* Become trained in and implement Positive Behavior Support (PBS)
techniques to include universal supports for all individuals and
targeted or intensive behavior support plans that may be in
* Implements all treatment plans as written.
* Interactions with all individuals are respectful and
* Provides on-going and timely positive reinforcement to all
* Offer individuals choice throughout the day whenever
* Remain focused while on shift. Stay alert and responsive to
changes with the individuals and the environment.
* Supervise all individuals during mealtimes and ensure dysphagia
diets and physician ordered diets are followed.
* Attend all required trainings and keep required certifications
current (CPR, First Aid, MAP, Safety-Care).
* Help individuals to access the community and participate in
social events and recreational activities that they have chosen,
emphasizing challenging, individualized, and integrated
* Follow the events planned on a weekly activity planner.
* Assist individuals in accessing varied and preferred leisure
activities, interests and hobbies on a regular basis.
* Actively promote individuals to be capable, valued and accepted
* Advocate for individuals and ensure the protection of their human
* Assure individuals have access to privacy: i.e. knock on the door
of the home and bedroom before entering.
* Follow all Policies and Procedures in a safe and cautious
* Drive agency vehicle to provide transportation for all
individuals as needed.
* Maintain a good attendance record, arrive to work on time, follow
procedures for requesting time off.
* Assist as needed in securing adequate coverage for the
* Be a good role model for individuals and co-workers.
* Show good judgement and seek advice when needed to clarify any
questions that arise.
* Display initiative and willingness to learn
Requirements for the Position:
* Six months of full-time paid or volunteer experience or one-year
part-time experience in human services. Or enrolled in an
undergraduate or higher degree program in a human services
* GED or High School Diploma required.
* over the age of 18.
* CPR & First Aid (SFA) certification is required. * must become
certified within 60 days of date of hire to retain employment*.
* Department of Public Health certification in medication
administration is required.
*Employees lacking Medication Certification upon hire must become
MAP certified within 6-months of date of hire to retain
employment*. *Recertification is then required every two years.
* Certified in Safety Care is required at some programs. *
Certification must become certified within 90 days of date of hire
to retain employment*.
* Required to walk up and down stairs, provide emergency physical
intervention as needed.
* Possess a valid driver's license, a clean driving record and one
year driving experience.
* Utilizes a flexible and responsible work style that meets
evolving needs of the agency.
* Works with integrity and respects the dignity and value of all
* Reliable and trustworthy
* Exhibits mission through job knowledge, pride in work role, and
* Promotes diversity and inclusion of all individuals.
* Works in a collaborative, compassionate manner with
- Belmont St., 803 Belmont St., Brockton, Massachusetts, United
States of America
Share this job:
Keywords: Bay Cove Human Services, Brockton , Residential Support - Growthways - Belmont Street - Full-time, Other , Brockton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!