Machine Maintenance Mechanic
Company: Central Garden & Pet
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Green Garden Products, a subsidiary of Central Garden & Pet, the
number one supplier of top-quality flower seeds and non-GMO
vegetable seeds for the gardening industry, is now seeking a
Machine Maintenance Mechanic for the Norton, MA facility. This is a
Non-Exempt, full-time position. Central Garden & Pet Company
(NASDAQ: CENT) is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of
quality branded products for the pet and lawn and garden supplies
markets. Please see our website at www.central.com for additional
company information. Job Summary: The Maintenance Mechanic will
oversee the performance and maintenance of large production
machinery. - Duties/Responsibilities:
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections and service on
- Thoroughly cleans machines and machine parts, removing parts
and reinstalling as necessary.
- Oils and lubricates moving parts on machines to ensure
- Records and reports damaged, worn, or broken parts.
- Orders and installs replacement parts for machines.
- Identifies the causes of unexpected breakdowns of
- Troubleshoots, tests and repairs broken machines quickly and
- Prepares reports documenting work performed.
- Cleans, organizes, inventories, stocks, and otherwise maintains
shop areas, parts, tools, and supplies.
- Coordinates with managers to schedule regular maintenance on
- Collaborates with product manager or plant engineer regarding
new products being added and modifications that will be required.
- Makes necessary modifications and implements tests runs;
confers with product manager regarding test results and makes
additional alterations to machinery as required. -
- Performs other related duties as assigned. Required
- Mechanically inclined with great problem-solving skills.
- Works well independently and with others.
- Good communication skills.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and rapidly moving environment.
- Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent. -
- Some vocational or community college with related coursework or
equivalent experience, required. Physical Requirements:
- Prolonged periods standing and walking.
- Able to bend, stretch, push, pull, and move as needed to reach,
clean, and service machinery.
- Must be able to visually inspect machines.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds. - At Central
Garden & Pet (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA), we believe home is at the
center of our lives, and our employees are driven by our purpose to
nurture happy and healthy homes. Our company is made up of
thousands of people across North America, with an emerging
footprint across the U.K., Mexico, China and Canada - all dedicated
to helping gardens bloom bigger, pets live healthier and
communities grow stronger. We are united by our mission to lead the
future of the garden and pet industries---one blade of grass and
one wagging tail at a time. Visit our website at - - -to learn
more. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Central Garden & Pet, Brockton , Machine Maintenance Mechanic, Professions , Norton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!